Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

rip to the hound, sure to be missed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
She was beautiful and clearly had a lot of love to give, judging by those pictures.

Sounds like you did the right thing by her where her quality of life was concerned. I think that's incredibly important to remember - the best thing we can do is set out to give animals the best, most comfortable life we can in exchange for companionship and comfort of our own. You provided her a life she may not have otherwise lived without you.

I remember reading somewhere that the Hawaiian word "kahu" is used to refer to anyone with a domesticated animal of any type. The word doesn't signify that you're the animal's owner, nor is it your pet - instead, it hews closer to what English speakers would consider a caretaker or a guardian. I just think that's really significant and quite touching - it's what we do and who we are to them.

My sincerest condolences for your loss.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

rip dog

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...
What no one is aware of is that time passes very differently in dog afterlife. You'll live the rest of your life and pass away as we all do, and then when you get to the next phase of existence your dog's going to be right there waiting like, "whoa I just got here and you're here too??????

I always really liked the treats you gave me."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Sorry about your doggy, OP. Looked like a good one.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

rest in power queen. my dogs are getting old and the existential dread keeps me up at night.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

This is one of my existential fears with my 4-year old pets and I don't know how I'm going to handle it when I have to.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:rip: good dogge

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
I still have dreams occasionally about our beloved family dog and cat that were put to sleep nearly 20 years ago. They are always pleasant and feel so real and it makes me happy not sad when I wake up just having that “experience” because they are still part of me after all these years. So maybe you will be visited by the memory of your pup sometime. Condolences.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
It's tough OP, I'm sorry

My best bud passed two years ago and I still have a dog-shaped hole in my heart.

Someday I will dog again

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I'm sorry for your loss op, it isn't easy losing the ones we love :(

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

If it makes you feel any better, know that grieving is like floating at sea. At first you’re lost and untethered from everything other than the pounding waves of memory and sadness, and it takes a long time and a lot of struggling to stay afloat, but eventually you get your legs under you and start to tread some water. The waves will still come, but after some time you’ll learn to see them coming and to brace yourself against their battering. Eventually you’ll see their regularity and find a kind of calm in it. Memory will become something you’ll begin to appreciate rather than be tormented by. Sorry for your loss and best wishes on your journey.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Thanks for being a responsible pet owner for 14 years! You helped a creature experience love and security in a world that is cold and cruel. And your grief right now is a reflection of your love and affection!

Thanks fur being a good person and sorry for your loss

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

rip to the hound, sure to be missed

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Sorry about your companion, op. They are happily waiting for you across the rainbow bridge.
:sympathy:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

:rip: in peace to a good dog (probably)

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
I'm sorry, OP. Nothing on this earth is more pure and wonderful than an old lab. She lived a long, happy life from the sound of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Sorry to hear that, OP. Dogs are full of pure love and it sounds like she gave all of hers to you.