Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

One more surge and the war will be won, right OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
My grandma, on her deathbed, causally dropped a detailed and plausible story about her and her sisters about blundering into a German spy ring in the Montana wilderness during WW2. I wish I knew how to even begin researching it.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
pull a ton of samples out of it and make a sick breakcore album

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Edward Mass posted:

As my mother was cleaning out her storage locker, she decided to bring back a reel-to-reel player back to her house. To her and my father's surprise, it still worked! That's a miracle in and of itself, as working reel-to-reel machines are few and far between. So, she went through all the tapes that play on the device to see if she could find a recording of her dad's voice (he died when she was 13, and I never had a chance to hear his voice). Most of the recordings were of schmaltzy music (as would be the case for man born nearly 100 years ago). What she found on one of the tapes blew her mind: an hour-long debriefing from the CIA about guards at a Viet Cong base circa 1968.

I don't know if I've posted about this here, but my mother's dad was a spy working for the U.S. government (something my mom didn't know until about ten years ago [she also only found out about five years ago he wasn't her real father, but that's neither here nor there]). Now that my family has this recording, what should be done with it? I don't know if I can legally share it with you all, considering the recording starts with a stern-sounding man saying that it is burn before reading.

you should ask the military history thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3950461

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

release it as an nft imo

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
Find out which guards he was describing and track down their grandchildren. Make them listen to the tape with you. Release the rails results as a mid-tier podcast.

Do it, OP

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

mannerup posted:

there are natsec/foia journalists for major nationally known publications who would salivate at getting the scoop on these tapes and would drive to your house to make copies of the recording and take all legal liability of distributing the content with an entire legal department praying they get sued by the federal government to compel them to release their source

I would strongly suggest that you don't retain the services of The Intercept!

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

erosion posted:

I would strongly suggest that you don't retain the services of The Intercept!
lmao

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

A Worrying Warlock posted:

Find out which guards he was describing and track down their grandchildren. Make them listen to the tape with you. Release the rails results as a mid-tier podcast.

Do it, OP

a podcast or short web series isnt a bad idea if you have some video / filmmaking skills, op. you could go many ways with the material

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Op has gone radio silent.

The Viet cong got to him. Gave him delicious food and converted him to communism

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

My grandma, on her deathbed, causally dropped a detailed and plausible story about her and her sisters about blundering into a German spy ring in the Montana wilderness during WW2. I wish I knew how to even begin researching it.

i mean posting it here seems to be step 1

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
UPDATE: I'm spending time with my parents for Thanksgiving, so I may be able to get the audio digitally processed. I also have a cousin who teaches law at Baylor University, so I'm asking him for legal advice.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

UPDATE: I'm spending time with my parents for Thanksgiving, so I may be able to get the audio digitally processed. I also have a cousin who teaches law at Baylor University, so I'm asking him for legal advice.

Keep it in a secure location. "They" know about it now. Good luck.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Anybody else notice that the FBI account for SA has been online since Op posted this? :tinfoil:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

rio posted:

We can still win this war but only if you share the tapes.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Congrats OP due to your loose lips the US has now lost the Vietnam War.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Still hoping for giant monkey footage

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

Congrats OP due to your loose lips the US has now lost the Vietnam War.

I didn't want to put it so harshly, but, yeah.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
You're on a dangerous path agent Mulder. Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe that material was classified for a reason? That maybe the public learning about this would cause so much chaos, so much disruption as to destabilize the entire global economy, and bring us to the brink of World War III?!

No, you haven't. because you're a schoolboy. Hand over the reels or I'll have you busted down, stripped of your tank and kicked out of the FBI.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Coolguye posted:

i mean posting it here seems to be step 1

:emptyquote:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

how tf you sposed to burn something before reading

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Cactus Ghost posted:

how tf you sposed to burn something before reading

Presumably, there were reading materials to go with this audio tape.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
https://i.imgur.com/zLHsAGC.mp4

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Break it up into a series of sentences. Feed it into an AI graphics generator. That way we get to see it if not hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
OP serious question about this :

is it a piss tape???