Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you figure it out?
Yes
No
Math is idiot poo poo for fuckers like OP
Goku playing dragons around the balls
View Results

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The name of the game is Petals Around the Rose. :cumpolice:The name of the game is important.:cumpolice: The computer will roll five dice and ask you to guess the score for the roll. The score will always be zero or an even number. Your mission is to work out how the computer calculates the score and become a Potentate of the Rose.

http://www.borrett.id.au/computing/petals-j.htm

Can YOU figure it out? I did :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

3, final answer.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Reported for advertising

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Smugworth posted:

Reported for advertising

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sounds familiar, i think i’ve played this with your mom op

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
:c00lbutt:

it says we're not supposed to give hints, which makes this hard to talk about (I assume some party pooper has to have spilled the beans on this at some point, but I am a man of honor) but it's interesting that, since the data set of rolls and results is essentially unlimited, you could absolutely figure out an algorithm to get to the answer that works every time without necessarily actually figuring it out

reminds me of, in this old internet group that I was a part of, we had a coded language a bit like this where you weren't supposed to share the secret of how it worked
there was a clever little trick to it that made it really easy to do, BUT the resulting encoded messages were basically just a 1-to-1 cipher, so we had a couple people who figured it out just by decoding messages (the function of it was that people in the know could kind of freely exchange coded messages in plain sight, and if a newbie figured it out it was kind of a rite of passage (and of course, there was nothing stopping somebody from just cuing you in if you were cool (but in practice people only did that if someone was REALLY cool)))

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i got it, someone is supposed to smack me with wood now

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

The hell, I was going to try, but apparently colored dice? Very cool, I can't see this poo poo.

E: I've been bamboozled

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 28, 2023