Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Mega64 posted:

Considering some of the QBs he had to do that with, he definitely has a strong HoF argument. Having a ring helps too!

If he were on a higher-profile team, it wouldn't even be a question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Lighter posted:

If he were on a higher-profile team, it wouldn't even be a question

With that kind of stats and the ring, I don't think it is a question. Its just that there's a stupid logjam at WR right now for the HoF and the voters are picking away at it like they're kids staring down the pieces of broccoli left on their plate

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
To be contrarion, he hits 1k every season but Evans only broke 1500 once (3rd in the league that year) and 1300 once (4th in the league). Never led the league in any stat, only a 4 time pro bowler and 1 time second team all pro.

That's right, he's the Frank Gore of WRs ( I jest, but still)

The problem for Evans is that Torry Holt had 1600+ yards twice, leading the league both times, 7 pro bowls, first team all pro, and still isn't in.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 4, 2023

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

trevorreznik posted:

To be contrarion, he hits 1k every season but Evans only broke 1500 once (3rd in the league that year) and 1300 once (4th in the league). Never led the league in any stat, only a 4 time pro bowler and 1 time second team all pro.

The problem for Evans is that Torry Holt had 1600+ yards twice, leading the league both times, 7 pro bowls, first team all pro, and still isn't in.

lol but also frank gore should absolutely 100% be in the hof

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Borsche69 posted:

With that kind of stats and the ring, I don't think it is a question. Its just that there's a stupid logjam at WR right now for the HoF and the voters are picking away at it like they're kids staring down the pieces of broccoli left on their plate

Oh yeah, definitely. It's just that playing for TB instead of a higher-profile team is the kind of stupid thing that would put him on the wrong end of the logjam for a lot of voters.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Borsche69 posted:

Agreed on that, consistency year in year out is just as worthy of inclusion as people like Gale Sayers with short, excellent careers.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

but yeah to your last point, the hof logjam for WRs is like, holt, steve smith, reggie wayne, andre johnson. and then down the line you'll also get julio jones, larry fitzgerald, aj green, and (if he wasnt a shithead that ruined any chance that anyone would ever vote for him) even antonio brown once all of those players become eligible. i'm probably forgetting about a couple there too (hopkins? dez? demariyus thomas?)

the late 2000s and 2010s were just an explosion of wideout talent exacerbated by rule changes (for both qbs and defenses).

kind of a funny observation when i pulled up that list of names - i dont think any of them have a ring other than holt lol

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Black Lighter posted:

Oh yeah, definitely. It's just that playing for TB instead of a higher-profile team is the kind of stupid thing that would put him on the wrong end of the logjam for a lot of voters.

Glancing at the career leaders page, Davante Adams is probably the comparable guy who might get in over Evans despite having worse numbers and coming into the league the same year. Davante has a bunch more all-pros but I'm not exactly sure why, do voters value receptions that much more?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Lighter posted:

i get you and that's fair, but i do think he gets style points for being on the tom brady buccs which will help him in the voters eyes, since i think that couple of years pushed TB to be a more marquee team, even if they immediately dropped back down to like, jacksonville/houston/tennessee/carolina/arizona status one brady was gone. i could be way off but that was what those years felt like to me

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Thinking back on the excitement the Jets brought into the first game of the year, and where they are now. Just lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Mike Evans is the X? best WR of his era

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hughmoris posted:

Thinking back on the excitement the Jets brought into the first game of the year, and where they are now. Just lol

From

to

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

trevorreznik posted:

torry should be in the hall

but so should evans

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Evans will finish his career with Mahomes and two more rings.

Please.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
If they ban the tush push runs like this (which rule) would be dead right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BYeYtT3CZQ

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wow look at all these skill guys fantasy people want in the HoF instead of real football players :colbert:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
If Chris Berman hasn't ever yelled "rumbling, bumbling and stumbling!" during one of your highlights, you don't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Kalli posted:

Wow look at all these skill guys fantasy people want in the HoF instead of real football players :colbert:

while we're at it, reggie wayne should be in the hall too

feel free to construe some argument against him

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

bows1 posted:

Depends on if they restore the old rule or write a new one

If they revert to the pre-2005 rule this would once again be included under the "Assisting The Runner" penalty, presumably assessed from when the push started like it was for the first 90 years of professional football.

They like giving the offense every conceivable unfair advantage, though, so it'll probably just become a dead ball at the point of the push (opening up a whole new theater of nebulous things to screw up in replay review or referee discussion), or do their typically pedantic NFL thing where the Tush Push specifically is illegal but other forms of pushing are still totally fine.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

bows1 posted:

the Tush Push is highly telegraphed and the defensive line actually has a chance to stop it, instead of being completely out of the play like this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
:rip: Trevor Lawrence.

Views: