Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

you may not like it, but advertising is the most important thing in economy. without advertising, the internet would be a shell of itself with far less volume of content, and you might need to even pay a fee to access and post on web sites, which would only be valued at a fraction of the current value of the big advertising driven sites like facebook and google. and that would be horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

lmao no one would ever pay a fee to post on a website

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

agreed. thats why advertising is critical

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

it's true. i'm advertising right now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ads always reek of desperation

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
here’s a wee expiriment. stop adverting the iphone by apple and see if anroid lol takes over

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
counterpoint: ads are a toxin that have been polluting our public and shared private spaces for too long. any monetary gains come at the direct expense of your mental well-being, and the end result is ultimately the perversion and enshitification of the platforms and content they are used to support

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

if advertising is so valuable how come you keep doing it for china for free? :smug:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

everyone who works in advertising should be thrown into the sea, and not a single tear would be shed for them

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'd say the world goes round because of leftover inertia from the formation of the solar system

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Silver Alicorn posted:

I'd say the world goes round because of leftover inertia from the formation of the solar system

and youd be wrong. its ads

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Sweevo posted:

everyone who works in advertising should be thrown into the sea, and not a single tear would be shed for them

sure why not, we already dump surplus mustard gas and batteries and all kinds of other trash in there, so what's one more kind of garbage on top of everything else

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

ads always reek of desperation

i would never buy a product from a company that wants me to buy their product. pathetic.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i blame rhetoric

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

fart simpson posted:

the internet would be a shell of itself with far less volume of content,

drat i wish

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

post hole digger posted:

i would never buy a product from a company that wants me to buy their product. pathetic.

i know right? just groveling and begging to buy their garbage. and i'm the one paying for those ads if i buy their stuff. i might be dumb, but i'm not dumb enough to fall for that

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

people who work in advertising lie awake at night worrying about the flat surfaces in the world that don't yet have adverts on them

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

you know what i love? #engagement

and also #brand #synergy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger posted:

honestly right?