Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Zippy the Bummer posted:

people may remove their shoes in my home if they live there, are friends / family, or have been invited to stay overnight. if they dont fall into one of those categories, who the gently caress do they think they are, taking their shoes off in my loving house? way too familiar

Psychotic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
Carpet is gross too fwiw. I don't think you can ever really clean carpet. We removed all the carpet in our house several years ago. Sometimes I get tired of my freezing cold wood floors in the winter time, but I mostly have no regrets.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Dirac Fourier posted:

Carpet is gross too fwiw. I don't think you can ever really clean carpet. We removed all the carpet in our house several years ago. Sometimes I get tired of my freezing cold wood floors in the winter time, but I mostly have no regrets.

Rent an industrial carpet cleaner from time to time if you actually want to clean it.
Seeing the color difference and sludge getting sucked up will make you wish you didn't know how bad it was though.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Grey Cat posted:

Rent an industrial carpet cleaner from time to time if you actually want to clean it.
Seeing the color difference and sludge getting sucked up will make you wish you didn't know how bad it was though.

Yea, I'm just not convinced that even an industrial carpet cleaner will clean the carpet thoroughly. It just seems like wiping your butt to me. Suppose every time you wipe, 90% of the poop on your butt hole comes off. So you can wipe it once and 10% poop remains. Wipe it twice and 1% remains. Wipe it three times and 0.1% remains. The problem is it doesn't matter how many times you wipe it, there will always be *some* poop left behind.

naem
May 29, 2011

Dirac Fourier posted:

Yea, I'm just not convinced that even an industrial carpet cleaner will clean the carpet thoroughly. It just seems like wiping your butt to me. Suppose every time you wipe, 90% of the poop on your butt hole comes off. So you can wipe it once and 10% poop remains. Wipe it twice and 1% remains. Wipe it three times and 0.1% remains. The problem is it doesn't matter how many times you wipe it, there will always be *some* poop left behind.

I put a $30 bidet on a regular rear end toilet and now I feel as fresh as a summer’s eve

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Dirac Fourier posted:

Zeno's Poop Paradox

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Dirac Fourier posted:

Very descriptive, goon. Have a star sticker.
Just wear your at home carpet poop socks if you're too worried and you're good to go.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
This is why carpeted assholes went out of style.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The shag carpet in my bathroom is fine....

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I have floors in my home so shoes are ok

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I have floors in my home so shoes are ok

Yeah, it really depends on the kinds of floors you have. I'd still prefer people didn't come in with shoes on hard floor but if they did at least it's easy to sweep and mop up in a few minutes.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I don't know if it's a regional thing or what. Growing up in southern California, in my experience everybody kept their shoes on when they'd visit someone's house. Nowadays up in the Pacific Northwest it's quite common for people to take their shoes off when they come over.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i think the main reason more people wore shoes in my house 10 years ago compared to today is that people used to come over to my house 10 years ago and now they dont because i live in a city where i dont know anybody and im old and antisocial

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
where did americans inherit this custom? did europeans from long times ago do it? because they dont now (at least french, germans and italians do not, ime). obv all of the arab world and asia does not allow it either

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

AcidCat posted:

I don't know if it's a regional thing or what. Growing up in southern California, in my experience everybody kept their shoes on when they'd visit someone's house. Nowadays up in the Pacific Northwest it's quite common for people to take their shoes off when they come over.

Maybe it's a winter thing? Winter shoes/boots can get very dirty and wet.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

redshirt posted:

Maybe it's a winter thing? Winter shoes/boots can get very dirty and wet.

Yeah makes sense, a lot more rain and thus mud up here, definitely fosters a culture of take your shoes off - lot of houses even have a dedicated 'mud room' entryway, which I had never heard of until I moved up here.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
why one takes their shoes off is obvious. almost the entire world does it upon entering the home. the weird thing is keeping them on. why?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Based on a bunch of posts here it sounds like people don't wipe their dogs paws off when coming back in. That seems crazy to me if the pup has been in the snow or mud.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

If someone threw a shoe at bush because shoes are unclean, then why would you want to treat your house like george w bush?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

why one takes their shoes off is obvious. almost the entire world does it upon entering the home. the weird thing is keeping them on. why?

I'd like to keep my shoes on at sister's house (but I don't), because the dog there sheds sooooo much, my socks will absolutely be covered in dog hair.

Which then somehow will transfer everywhere I go.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

fishing with the fam posted:

Based on a bunch of posts here it sounds like people don't wipe their dogs paws off when coming back in. That seems crazy to me if the pup has been in the snow or mud.

I don't think anyone is saying that

They're saying that on the very best, cleanest, dryest day your dog is walking on the same ground that shoes would be

Nobody WASHES their dog's feet every time they come inside

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Earwicker posted:

not sure if you are familiar with animals op but they tend to not wear shoes at all, regardless of whether they are in a house or not

What about horses? Check…mate.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Grey Cat posted:

If someone comes in here with shoes, I'd literally kill them on the spot. Just reach into their butthole and rip out their still beating heart.

:haibrow:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

dog doesnt wear shoes inside or outside the house :shrug:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

therattle posted:

What about horses? Check…mate.

horseshoes are a human invention forced upon horses without their consent, and they only exist because the labor that horses do for humans causes their hooves to wear down, thus they aren't even for the horses benefit but for maximizing productivity

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

dog doesnt wear shoes inside or outside the house :shrug:

Hey I just got this big idea: Fancy shoes for dogs.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
*David byrne voice*

quote:

Shoes inside the house!

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Konar posted:

They know you want to look at their bare feet and are avoiding facing that hosed up scenario. With the intervention, committing their incestous foot fetish offspring to a mental facility, all of that poo poo, not really something you want to deal with during a holiday

When this fucker finds out about socks its going obliterate his mind

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

The Loin King posted:

When this fucker finds out about socks its going obliterate his mind

lot of american posters itt compltely unable to fathom not wearing shoes all the time lmfao.

"up north they have a mudroom? i guess thats why they take their shoes off, due to mud? anyone else make sense of this>?"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

socks are prisons for your feet

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

this thread sucksd poo poo

:gas:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Free your feet from shoes entirely!

Walk as your ancestors did!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

bradzilla posted:

its a calssic gbs topic. ops got a tipping thread loaded up next in the chamber

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

head wikifeet editor posted:

socks are prisons for your feet

Oh yeah? Well how else am i supposed to wear sandals?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

bradzilla posted:

Here's a better one:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4048320

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

its a calssic gbs topic. ops got a tipping thread loaded up next in the chamber

Been workshopping the Steak ‘n Pitbull Megathread myself

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

bradzilla posted:

Eww gross put your shoes back on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i just play this song for when i have people over for the first time. its a lot easier than explaining the rules.

https://youtu.be/05zCUg_2_2E?si=9NbaE-3CucmHV-Ub