Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Vampire Panties posted:

get a waterpik yo

dentists say its not as good as flossing but idgaf. and that you're supposed to do both. flossing sucks so loving bad i hate it. waterpik for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
anyway sorry op but i don't really have a routine, all part of having a manic life that is too crammed full of activities and for some reason lately ive been wondering if i have ADD or something? the only uniform routine i have is getting my kids lunches made/showered/to bed at roughly the same time, and a weekly lifting/climbing schedule. everythuing else happens when the mood takes me, including sleeping. for better or for worse

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

dentists say its not as good as flossing but idgaf. and that you're supposed to do both. flossing sucks so loving bad i hate it. waterpik for life

I highly recommend those GUM green picks in the op. Faster than a Waterpik and no fuss no muss

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I have given up on string style dental floss since the last time I was at the dentist and she provided me with something different. They look like pipe cleaners but are a hell of a lot more comfortable.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Usually I will ensure I am well hydrated with some room temperature water, warm milk, or tisane. I avoid looking at any kind of screen as much as I can help it for the last half hour or so before bed, floss, brush teeth, mouthwash, then put on my eyemask to block any ambient light. I find the mask helps with staying asleep particularly in the summer when the dawn breaks early. I set the lighting on the main floor to an appropriate level, usually just one lamp, to accommodate navigation in the middle of the night if need be. Usually also set a playlist that includes thunderstorms/rain/babbling brook sounds to play at a low volume until morning.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
1. Poopin'

2. Tuggin'

3. Readin'

4. Sleepin'

Not always in that order sometimes 2 goes after 3, 2 will happen during 4 from time to time, 1 will happen during 4 on rare occasions. 2 usually happens again when I wake, sometimes 1, 1 happens a lot and sometimes it's so intense I need to jump into number 4 for a little bit.

Seems simple on paper but really quite complex.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Drink.

Pass out.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
- Close my eyes and relive the cringiest moments of last week for 2 hours or so
- Get up to check if I left the oven on, although it never is

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
1) Open bedroom door and let the dog pick a spot on the bed
2) Turn off computer/lights
3) Get my mouth guard from its cleaning station in the bathroom
4) get an icepack from the freezer for my knee
5) Fill up and drink a glass of water from my water cooler
6) Fight dog for a space with enough room
7) Browse SA on my iPad before sleeping

I don't do the flossing/waterpic/brushing before bed because I use it right after dinner and usually eat pretty late

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
My pet name for my husband is the name of an animal, I go to bed before him so he always tucks me in with a stuffed animal of it. Also years ago I forgot exactly why but I mentioned how good it feels to have your socks pulled off under the cool covers so for years every time he puts me to bed he pulls my socks off for me.

So basically I'm a child.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Three Olives posted:

how good it feels to have your socks pulled off under the cool covers

:wtc:

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

1) Open bedroom door and let the dog pick a spot on the bed
2) Turn off computer/lights
3) Get my mouth guard from its cleaning station in the bathroom
4) get an icepack from the freezer for my knee
5) Fill up and drink a glass of water from my water cooler
6) Fight dog for a space with enough room
7) Browse SA on my iPad before sleeping

I don't do the flossing/waterpic/brushing before bed because I use it right after dinner and usually eat pretty late

You are not supposed to brush immediately after eating, its bad for the enamelum

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i seriously hope that serial reporter guy swings by this thread to report the sock pull off post

i won't report it due to my strong principles, but if someone else did i wouldn't shed a tear

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I reply to some work emails around 11pm so that the boss and coworkers think i'm a total badass

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Toxic Mental posted:

(tuck your chin down into your chest and you can swallow any size pill easily FYI, tilting your head up is bait/noob poo poo)

holy crap

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
0. If I was watching a scary/suspenseful show, switch and watch a sitcom or something similarly calm and dumb
1. Take night vitamins/meds
2. Shower
3. Brush teeth, do mouthwash
4. So much moisturizer on a variety of parts. Do not get old
5. In bed, light off, Enya on :sickos:
6. Internet for hopefully not too long
7. tomorrow’s NYT crossword, if necessary followed by archive puzzles until I pass out

I will not stop looking at screen

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Three Olives posted:

My pet name for my husband is the name of an animal, I go to bed before him so he always tucks me in with a stuffed animal of it. Also years ago I forgot exactly why but I mentioned how good it feels to have your socks pulled off under the cool covers so for years every time he puts me to bed he pulls my socks off for me.

https://i.imgur.com/KMARAyC.mp4

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Bad Purchase posted:

the sock pull off post

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
1. Take meds that keep me from being crazy

2. Pee

3. Turn on Star Trek either TNG , Voyager or DS9

4. Sleep

5. Wake up during middle of night and turn off show

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Radio Paranoia posted:

Drink.

Pass out.

Pour up drank, headshot drank
Sit down drank, stand up drank
Pass out drank, wake up drank
Get a swimming pool full of liquor and dive in

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Hotel Kpro posted:

Pour up drank, headshot drank
Sit down drank, stand up drank
Pass out drank, wake up drank
Get a swimming pool full of liquor and dive in

lol was thinking this as well

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Three Olives posted:

Putty posted:

holy crap

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Floss brush jammas
Fill dogs water dish, take a BP med

Pet dog who loves me
Then he curls up into a round heater of comfort against my back or tummy under the covers (they don't need oxygen to sleep it seems)

Think of cringey events, cardiac fear, or crushing wrong life choices of mine until I snap out of it and consciously daydream of grogeous gemmy earring designs until I shortly fall asleep

Dream of men and past jobs vividly

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Putty posted:

holy crap

I'm glad my thread changed at least one life for the better. Since I learned that trick, I can drop like four supplements at the same time, including the bigass fish oil pill.

fatninja187
Oct 4, 2013

Beware the ninja

Stare into the darkness and dread the coming of the light.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol was thinking this as well

Don’t think I’ve heard that song in a decade, popped into my head immediately anyway

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Op is the throat goat

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

i seriously hope that serial reporter guy swings by this thread to report the sock pull off post

i won't report it due to my strong principles, but if someone else did i wouldn't shed a tear

I will try this out tonight and report back tomorrow.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Hotel Kpro posted:

Don’t think I’ve heard that song in a decade, popped into my head immediately anyway

i just listened to the album the other day. still the goat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
glad i kept this thread bookmarked lmbo

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The Alchemist posted:

Op is the throat goat

its true, try it out

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

documentary footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSyqWbrxcG4&t=20s

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

three olived again

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

code:
shutdown +5 Goodnight. 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I go to bed at whatever time usually somewhere between 9 - 10pm because most days I have to drag my rear end out of bed around 5am.

Take piss
Get naked, except for socks.
Get in to bed, cover up, or not, depending on season. I like the cold for sleeping to a certain extent. In the summer I keep the AC cranked, and in the winter I hardly ever turn the heat on.
Hit sleep on my radio, listen to weather for following day (and promptly forget it).
Once I hear that, turn the volume down and change station to one that plays music and then later on them olde tymey radio programs.
Hope that my brain will shut the gently caress up so I can fall asleep.
Sometimes I yank my poo poo. Frequently while attempting that I'll fall asleep, or I'll busanut and not fall asleep, but its a win win scenario regardless.
At some point in there I'll sleep for varying periods of time probably getting up to piss at least once.
Radio turns itself on at 4am and I slowly wake up for the next hour while hitting snooze on my phone alarm(s) which start going off at 4:15.