Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Meow?
Hiss!
Rrowr!
Fft fft fft!
purr
View Results

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

A good MNF game. Finally.

And it only required two starting QBs to be ritually sacrificed to Baphomet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

po0p

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Yeah RIP jags. Sorry your qb is broken. Better be calling Carson Wentz

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

I was answering the question from the other angle, thinking about brining in a bunch of additional OL. Not the actual down five OL trying to declare as eligible :)

Oh yeah, sure, you could have eleven players who normally play OL on the field at once. Five would be ineligible and the rest would have to declare.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
bangos!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I am going to be a disaster at work tomorrow! But Who Dey!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Elephanthead posted:

no no, they want to win more games

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
tantalizingly close to the first tie on MNF since 1983. Oh well.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

Wentz is on the Rams right now, I think.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

rjmccall posted:

The five central players on the line can never be eligible. Two other people can be on the ends. Everyone else technically has to be behind the line. Declaring eligibility is just about jersey numbers because the assumption is that players in certain ranges are never eligible.

I believe you can also declare players in-eligible, if for some reason you really want a skill position guy out there blocking.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

too late he’s a ram

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

also lmao at doug working with wentz ever again

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
grats bengos

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Vengarr posted:

I believe you can also declare players in-eligible, if for some reason you really want a skill position guy out there blocking.

You can! I just looked this up in the rule book. The skill players would have to declare as ineligible before the play.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Vengarr posted:

as the Cowboys demonstrated in hilarious fashion last January

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dango Bango posted:

You can! I just looked this up in the rule book. The skill players would have to declare as ineligible before the play.

I wonder why no-one has done this for the end-of-game pitchy-pitchy lateralfest. You could have all your receivers and running backs out there, and some DBs for good measure.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Vengarr posted:

I wonder why no-one has done this for the end-of-game pitchy-pitchy lateralfest. You could have all your receivers and running backs out there, and some DBs for good measure.

Oh how soon we forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOrMdug9tTQ

That's absolutely what the Cowboys were trying to do here, it just never got going because it's immediately obvious that the only reason you would ever play ballhandlers in ineligible positions would be to attempt the rugby scramble, so the defense adjusts accordingly and shuts it down instantly.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I completely forgot about that, lmao.

Look, the Cowboys could make anything look bad. Let a real team take a crack at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Mister Perky posted:

Oh how soon we forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOrMdug9tTQ

That's absolutely what the Cowboys were trying to do here, it just never got going because it's immediately obvious that the only reason you would ever play ballhandlers in ineligible positions would be to attempt the rugby scramble, so the defense adjusts accordingly and shuts it down instantly.

It was such a bizarre play. The idea is clearly that Turpin immediately pitches it, but the design puts him on an island five yards into the defense. So… why wouldn’t there be someone there to tackle him? There aren’t any blockers there for him: the linesmen aren’t even allowed to be downfield yet, and they certainly aren’t allowed to block downfield before the pass. Catching and pitching the ball is not a fast operation. I know it’s an impossible situation, but it’s also an impossible play.