Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

if the eu can fix roaming data charges they can fix this. get on it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

get a better county idiot

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

sorry, i have no respect for intellectual “property”

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i never see this because i live in the united states of america, #1 country in the world :smug:

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
Our europeans visitors are important to us.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

sorry, i have no respect for intellectual “property”

you live in china. we know.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

distortion park posted:

if the eu can fix roaming data charges they can fix this. get on it!

is this video available to you, OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90AiXO1pAiA

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i lol every time

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Zlodo posted:

some sites still have this up

it's been like 5 years, no they're not lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Zlodo posted:

i like the sites that just throw a raw access denied or 403 forbidden at eu users

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

i like the sites that just throw a raw access denied or 403 forbidden at eu users

so many customers want to use our geoip databases to shitcan EU users, to the point that we have a zendesk macro saying "this is a bad idea because geoip databases are, in the end, manually curated, and we cannot be held liable if maxmind labels a bunch of ips wrong"

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

so many customers want to use our geoip databases to shitcan EU users, to the point that we have a zendesk macro saying "this is a bad idea because geoip databases are, in the end, manually curated, and we cannot be held liable if maxmind labels a bunch of ips wrong"

lol nice

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

this is the morally correct thing to do instead of putting up a cookie warning

Dec 22, 2023

these people force the violence inflicted upon themselves :sad:

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

that's better. In fact I'd have a lot more respect for sites that would just say "You're from the eu. gently caress you and your privacvy laws" instead of something smarmy

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

what if these sites just, like, didn’t use cookies?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

qirex posted:

that would be well preferable yeah

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I really wonder how much actual money there is in putting those 800 ad beacons on your website

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it probably prevents you from getting shadow banned from goog search results, and theres value in anonymous telemetry in aggregate, but in terms of ads theres no value

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

qirex posted:

well, you wouldn't be able to log in to post anymore. so maybe it'd be a win-win?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
sounds like your country doesn’t believe in free speech. have you tried vpn tunneling your way to freedom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

qirex posted:

I really wonder how much actual money there is in putting those 800 ad beacons on your website

apple.com doesn't have any and I don't think tim would pass up on a significant revenue stream