Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Space Kablooey posted:

It's too late now, Netflix is basically running out of cash nowadays.

Like all grifts if you're hearing about it it's because it dried up

Oh. No untold riches for me I guess. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

thems the breaks

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I. M. Gei posted:

For real though, I wanna hear more about Netflix being an abusive cult company. What's going on there?

Same. I am extremely intrigued.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Lister posted:

Six years ago south park was mocking netflix for greenlighting everything. Today they get poo poo on for cancelling everything. All of that stuff never should have been made in the first place.

we got some really good tv out of it, like i think you should leave with tim robinson, and some of those shows should have never been cancelled, like auntie donnas big ol house of fun and medical police.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

My Spirit Otter posted:

we got some really good tv out of it, like i think you should leave with tim robinson, and some of those shows should have never been cancelled, like auntie donnas big ol house of fun and medical police.

Medical police was canceled??? I just assumed it was always just meant to be a one off thing.

Ah that sucks. :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

My Spirit Otter posted:

That meant to be a running series? I figured it was a once-off because heaps of the content was recycled from either their live shows or their various web series. Last year they came out with Aunty Donnas Coffee Cafe so :shrug:

Croccers fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 8, 2023

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

For real though, I wanna hear more about Netflix being an abusive cult company. What's going on there?
It’s probably nothing.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I am very sad to hear Netflix is dying. There are a few interesting Netflix shows I'm totally going to watch or catch up on when/if I decide to renew my sub. Which I might do at some point but haven't in nearly a year.

I guess it's my fault Netflix is struggling. Netflix, please get in touch with me. To apologize, I'll make you a show for only $25 million.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Earwicker posted:

well i mean, it looks like a completely different thing than a let's play?

it's a fiction show with recognizeable celebs voice acting characters, and it uses minecraft assets. thats not quite the same thing as watching a youtube video of some rando 12 year old building stuff in minecraft and narrating what they are doing, which is what most minecraft videos on youtube are. neither one appeals to me personally but they seem like they are for slightly different audiences, this one specifically being more for patton oswald fans i guess.

Thanks, you saved me from having to actually look into it and I honestly appreciate your sacrificial time. But, I guess if it's intended to be an actual story, as much as that will definitely suck, it's not the same as the multitude of let's plays. Again, thank you for having to look into it so I didn't need to. I'm gonna go back to building this sweetass fort that's not exactly the same as everyone else's. Youtube vid up in about an hour, I'm sure this one is going to skyrocket me into stardom.

dr_rat posted:

Look I think it's important to remember the moral of this story, if you steal millions of dollars from a multi-nation corporation, you'll have a loving excellent time and suffer no consequences.

I wonder if I could sell Netflix a eight part big budget mini series about a cool dude and their cool friends who do just that.

gently caress yea, once you got the money for lawyers you get to get away with whatever. Rob a bank openfaced and then just hire lawyers with cash to beat the charge, sure you lose like a mil or two on a multiyear legal battle, but who gives a gently caress when you're driving a Huayra?

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝
Netflix should've stuck to DVDs

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I am very sad to hear Netflix is dying.

I'm not.

gently caress Netflix. I hope Disney and Hulu die with them.

raccoon.bmp posted:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I can't believe giving $55 million dollars to the guy who made "47 Ronin" turned out to be a bad idea.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Extra Large Marge posted:

I can't believe giving $55 million dollars to the guy who made "47 Ronin" turned out to be a bad idea.

maybe they weren't paying attention and thought it was the guy who made Ronin, an extremely good movie, and continued in this belief when the guy started spending money on a bunch of cars

(unfortunately the guy who made Ronin has been dead for 20 years)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Earwicker posted:

(unfortunately the guy who made Ronin has been dead for 20 years)
Sounds like it would of still been a better investment to give the money to the dead guy.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

dr_rat posted:

Sounds like it would of still been a better investment to give the money to the dead guy.

true. Tom Clancy has been dead for 10 years and he still gets profitable new book deals every couple months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

raccoon.bmp posted:

Seriously. If I knew they'd start pulling stuff from streaming I'd have purchased a bunch of DVDs/Blu-Rays from them so fast.