Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

- Commentary Over Cutscenes
- Cutscene-Friendly

Time to see if I at least made the Zone a slightly better place :unsmith:

Reminder, there will also be one last bonus update tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Thank you to the two of you! Now I have to watch the previous ones, and wait patiently for the next project.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Oh wow, the subtitles didn't match the spoken lines at all.
And they probably could've needed some outlines to actually make readable. :v:

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I somehow tend to forget that that "I'll tell you later" - "Okay" :downs: exchange is coming, and it cracks me up every time.

Very obvious that the game had the kind of localisation where a couple of underpaid voice actors on the other side of the world were given a spreadsheet with all most of the lines in the game in it, listed in who knows what order, and told "here, read this in a Russian accent".

I don't know what to expect with STALKER 2. So far all I can really tell is that it looks gorgeous. I know that after playing the amazing STALKER Anomaly - especially with the GAMMA mod pack - STALKER 2 is probably going to feel weirdly basic, mechanically.

But then I did quite enjoy True STALKER recently for its story and new environments, even if the mechanics are more like vanilla STALKER. Kind of a cross between Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat - and the Metro games, in some ways.

The STALKER games are (kind of collectively) what I consider to be my favourite game/s of all time, so oof, what a long road it's been, waiting for STALKER 2. My niece was incredulous when I mentioned to her recently that STALKER 2 was originally supposed to come out before she was even born. (She's nearly eleven years old now.)

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Apparently I scheduled this for the wrong time of day, so here's the finale slightly early! Thanks all for watching and chatting in the thread! The next LP from me will actually begin tomorrow in a new thread!

And it's an LP that's, um, overdue.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Oh no. :ohdear:

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Thanks for the LP. :)

I wouldn't dream of playing CoP just straight-up vanilla these days, but you did show a few things I hadn't seen (because I tend to do quests the same way every time), so that was interesting.

I think I've heard that the thing for the next LP exists, but beyond that, know nothing about it. Looks... ominous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

OH before the thread completely wraps up, I meant to also link to a casual STALKER: Clear Sky livestream I did a few years ago around the time we first started working on this LP (god I'm so glad I'm finally doing new LPs post-voice therapy). Worth including here since I have no intention of doing an actual LP of it.