Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

neato burrito posted:

I spend time, money, and effort to plant milkweeds to support the local monarch butterfly population.

I wouldn't piss on a moth if it was on fire.

Moths are even more important for pollination, it's just that they do it at night.

If you see a plant that has narrow, white or yellowish-white flowers, it is probably pollinated by a moth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I had a nightmare pantry moth infestation in my college era apt and to this day I keep all dry foods in big tupperware type containers with lids

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I used to work in big drafty warehouses and moths just seemed to love to chill on me. People would point them out to me all the time. “Dude, you’ve got three moths on your shirt.” “Yeah, they’re not hurting anyone.”

I like moths :)

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

You Are A Werewolf posted:

I used to work in big drafty warehouses and moths just seemed to love to chill on me. People would point them out to me all the time. “Dude, you’ve got three moths on your shirt.” “Yeah, they’re not hurting anyone.”

I like this story.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Grey Cat posted:

I like this story.

I’d have to shake them off my shirt when I’d enter the main offices, but I’d be sure to let them know that they were free from their boring existence in the warehouse beforehand and to enjoy the world :3:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why weren't moths allowed in the main offices?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

why weren't moths allowed in the main offices?

Lotta uptight folks who probably wouldn’t want moths flying around in the offices or would be freaked out by a dude with moths on him like they were pests or something.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
a luna moth landed on my porch once those things are gigantic

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Your coworkers smelled like mothballs didn't they

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
They both loving suck

Have you ever looked at a caterpillar or a worm and thought "I sure wish they could fly!"?

Bash em to bits with a bagmington racket, says I.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Mothra has saved Japan on many occasions.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i sell the pins that can be put through their wings in display boxes to both sides of the conflict

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
no butterfly has ever eaten my sweater

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Bad Purchase posted:

i sell the pins that can be put through their wings in display boxes to both sides of the conflict

Are you an Entosphinx guy, or the ”competition”?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Larry Cum Free posted:

They both loving suck

Have you ever looked at a caterpillar or a worm and thought "I sure wish they could fly!"?

Yeah it's like asking if you're on Eloi or Morlock team!

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Yeah since I've never had a butterfly invade my home I guess I'm on their team. Bugs need to stay the gently caress outside and know their place.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Yeah it's like asking if you're on Eloi or Morlock team!

Yeah! Eloi or Morlock!!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I know moths are the cool new kid in school but butterflies actually fight each other over our butterfly bush out back every summer which is hilarious and something moths never do as far as I'm aware

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Larry Cum Free posted:

They both loving suck

Hell yeah I have, many many times. Poor little things; Too fat, too many legs, too slow, and too delicious.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im a moth man

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Hell yeah I have, many many times. Poor little things; Too fat, too many legs, too slow, and too delicious.

There was a gorgeous big green caterpillar on my mom's tomatoes this summer and we were both super bummed when suddenly some bird or other predator must have found him. She had a cute video giving him a little drink during a drought stretch

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

I saw a luna moth last summer, it was cute and fuzzy and their wings are a really pretty shade of green.

not my picture

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
You wouldn't sing "come my layday, come, come my layday" to a MOTH. But in the end, isn't that a good thing? Think about it won't you?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Can't spell "mother" without "moth". Whereas you can't spell butterfly without "butter" which is why I suspect so many goons love them

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf0-kTcwmko
butterflies are pretty cool

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

Aesop Poprock posted:

There was a gorgeous big green caterpillar on my mom's tomatoes this summer and we were both super bummed when suddenly some bird or other predator must have found him. She had a cute video giving him a little drink during a drought stretch

It was going to kill those tomatoes are you dumb?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Larry Cum Free posted:

It was going to kill those tomatoes are you dumb?

I'm dumb. Very loving dumb

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Moths make too much noise at night, running into screens or just flapping about. Like get a job moths, while butterflies always seem to be on the job during working hours. Sure you see a butterfly lazing about now and then but it's hot out there.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

covidstomper58 posted:

Moths make too much noise at night, running into screens or just flapping about. Like get a job moths, while butterflies always seem to be on the job during working hours. Sure you see a butterfly lazing about now and then but it's hot out there.

flapping about is a gross phrase. Something about just makes my skin crawl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Team Monarch bay-bee