Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Excellent!

OP has been updated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

docbeard posted:

What tweak are you using for Shapeshifters? I personally found that the SCS 'improved shapeshifter' component remained useful well into BG2 (especially when combined with some of the very good melee buffs/protections higher-level druids get with IWD spells available).

I'm using the tweak from Tweaks Anthology:

Tweaks Anthology posted:

Please note that this is a legacy component from Wes Weimer's Ease-of-Use mod. Wes typically designed for balance under the assumption that people would have the Tactics mod installed, so this is probably overpowered for most normal games. The rest of the description is from the original Ease-of-Use readme:

Shapeshifter abilities now create "symbolic paws". When you wield one you turn into a Werewolf, when you remove it you're human again. There are no possible exploits and you may choose whether to put the paw in your on-hand or off-hand. Since your off-hand THAC0 as a pure druid is, shall we say, sub-optimal, I recommend the on-hand. This fixes the bug where the Shapeshifter's paws could be dispelled and then any weapon could be put in their place. That exploit essentially gave you two extra attacks with whatever you wanted, plus all the werewolf powers.

This also fixes a "bug" where attributes of the creature file for "PC polymorphed into a Werewolf" were not actually given to the PC by the Polymorph opcode. For a normal werewolf:

You Were Supposed to Receive...
Base magic resistance 20%
Immunity to normal weapons
Paw does 1d12 slashing damage

You Actually Received...
Magic resistance locked at 20%
No immunity to normal weapons
Paw does 1d6 piercing damage

For the greater werewolf:
You Were Supposed to Receive...
THAC0 of 6
Saves 1/1/1/2/1
Base elemental resistance of 50%
Base magic resistance of 40%
Immunity to normal weapons
Paw is +3 weapon
Paw does 2d8 slashing damage
Regeneration of 3 HP per second

You Actually Received...
No THAC0 change
No Saves change
Elemental resistance locked at 50%
Magic resistance locked at 40%
No immunity to normal weapons
Paw is +2 weapon
Paw does 1d6 piercing damage
No passive regeneration

To see this for yourself, check out werewodr.cre, weregrdr.cre, brbrp.itm, etc.

The "Rebalancing" gives a greater werewolf shapeshifter the +7 HP per Level due to a fighter with 25 Constitution (before you just got +2). Most importantly, shapeshifters may now cast spells while shapechanged. Yuan-Ti, Githyanki, Sahuagin, etc. can all cast spells--why not wolfmen?

In addition, the Druid spell choices were a bit weak in some areas, so some Priest-only spells were made Priest-Druid: Sanctuary (sylvan sanctuaries abound), Chant (they got Bless, why not Chant?), Zone of Sweet Air (sounds nature-y to me!), Glyph of Warding (no excuse, but they need a damaging spell here that isn't Call Lightning), Righteous Magic (listen to Jaheira for a while and tell me she's not Righteous... more importantly, if they're going to tank around they need some extra help).

Finally, 99% of all sixth-level druid spell slots go to "Summon Fire Elemental". You can get a 24 hit dice monster with +4 claws that lasts for hours with that spell. It's so much better than the 7th level "Summon Earth Elemental" that it isn't funny. The other 6th-level summons just don't come close. To give you some actual choices, "Conjure Animals" has been changed to summon two 20 HD Greater Bearweres (they're like Greater Wolfweres). However, the duration remains 4 turns. Do you want Fire Elementals forever or Mighty Big Tanks for a short time? You decide.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Before heading to the capital, I take a detour to deploy my Surprise Tool and do a favor for a fellow goddess:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Rogue AI Goddess had a busy week.

We crossed the bridge and finished Dorn's vendetta.

Did some light reading.

Including this guy's mycrimes.txt.

And this guy's colonialist screed.

Checking in for more reading time.

I went ahead and actually killed the Iron Throne leaders because I am an AI and this is a video game they were evil capitalist oligarchs.

My reward was more reading.

Dorn got in magical crossfire (crosslightning?) and died.

I was going for Iron Party, so I dumped Dorn's dead rear end and hired Safana, grabbed the last book, and then decided to finally finish Durlag's Tower for once.

Went full Deep Blue on the chessboard.

Made Demon Knight into a Web comic character.

And broke the cultist ambush script so hard with gratuitous invisibility and offscreen summons, they never got to summon Aec at all. I'll take that as a win.

If there's something I learned from Matilda, Mattea and Nothing There, it's that at-will invisibility is awesome.

Safana met a better thief who stole her heart (and lungs, and spleen). I finished off the duo and hired Kagain in her stead.

Double-crossing doppelgangers double-cross Sarevok. Does that make them triplegangers?

Got Winski halfway down before running out of biting arrows and wounding darts. Should've brought the Dagger of Venom.

Sarevok got dispelled, quad-Malisoned, blinded, slowed, confused, feared, and finally killed. (But no summons or traps, because that would be unfair).

Rogue AI Goddess has terminated Sarevok.exe.
Honors: Ironling, Purist, Iron Party, Librarian, Trap Dodger, Victory for the Spiderqueen, Honorable Trader, Roleplayer, Battlemaster.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Updated my journ, wait, wrong game.

OP updated.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

why did I even bother trying

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

why did I even bother trying

F. Too good for this world.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

You told me, Sleep, I’ll wake you in the morning.
I asked, What is morning? and you said,

When everyone who hosed with me is dead.

When everyone we loved has gone or fled,

That’s morning. Empty’s the same as clean.

Let’s put this first-draft dream of mine to bed.

e: Lyctor the Ninth, elven fighter/mage/thief, was killed by an ankheg. Oh, and Melicamp died +1, I guess.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jan 28, 2024

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Meet Beta Bequin, elven agent.

Agents are a kit from 1E Revised Bards component of the Might & Guile tweak pack. They are F/M/T Enchanters with a ban on both Evocation and Necromancy, fewer spells, slower spell access, no level 9 spells ever, and their backstab modifier never goes up. The upside is that they have a bard song (and can learn variant bard songs from sheet music scrolls), some minor Lore bonus, and the signature Mind Blank Aura ability at level 6+ that blocks mind-affecting magic/psionics and gives nondetection, but prevents their own spellcasting. Despite being called "Aura", it's strictly personal.

As for Beta (pronounced "bey-tar") herself, she is from Dan Abnett's book trilogy set in the WH40K universe. To avoid spoilers, I'll just say that there are quite a few parallels between Beta's adventures and that path of the BG Bhaalspawn.

Training montage.

Melicamp lives.

And we end this session on a cliffhanger.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Excellent! Updated the OP.

I'll admit I'm feeling the itch for another run myself but I'm neck-deep in a non-IM BG2 run and I really want to finish and maybe even move on to a game released this century

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
Aldrin has cleared Nashkel Mines, and has swapped Jaheira and Khalid out for Minsc and Xan.