Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i prefer a fruitier code base with undertones of oak and tannins

i feel like this bourbon barrel aged rust craze is just flattening out the nations code smell palate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
code, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of code in the morning. You know, one time we had a bug hunt, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I scrolled through the codebase. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' bug. The smell, you know that computer smell? The whole office. Smelled like... victory. Someday this contract’s gonna end.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

you really need a curved monitor to get the full bouquet. flat screens let the code smell dissipate every which way, while a curved screen concentrates the aroma at your schnozz

high refresh rate screens also enhance flavor but you're well into diminishing returns at that point. >80% of your experience is determined by monitor shape

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i get the joke op. you took a commonly used phrase, but when clicking on the thread one finds out that your using an alternate meaning for one or more words in the phrase to change the meaning to something different. very funny.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

code should be odorless and tasteless. it should be invisible to the naked eye. it should displace no volume, consume no energy, occupy no space real or theoretical. what i'm saying, op, is code should not exist

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
my code is completely odorless so i always bundle it with mercaptan so I can detect data breaches before they blow up my whole house

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
stanford degree framed so fine / but their code smells just like mine

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it sure does op!!!!!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

git apologist posted:

it sure does op!!!!!

:hmmyes:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

My code smells so bad I’ve gone nose blind to it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
it sure does, op

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
christ, light a candle next time you have code review

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

i get the joke op. you took a commonly used phrase, but when clicking on the thread one finds out that your using an alternate meaning for one or more words in the phrase to change the meaning to something different. very funny.

ur code smells like fart

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

ur code smells like fart

sound bar section at target smelling like the aftermath of a bean eating contest

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
my code smells like almonds

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

my code smells like burnt toast

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Bloody posted:

my code smells like burnt toast

no no that's not a stroke, perl actually just reads like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
does this code smell like chloroform?