Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

(Jeff and MacheteZombie approved this)

Ayy yo! I'm trying to make a film! But I need some help! I've been working on this script since late 2015. Finished the feature script, then rewrote it and rewrote it, putting it away, dusting it off...until back in 2021 I said gently caress it. (well I saw a little film called Psycho Goreman and it made me want to make movies again)

I dusted off the script, turned it into a proof of concept short film, and made it. It was really tough. A lot went wrong, a lot went right. I love it, I hate it, ect. Ya know how it be. Overall proud of it.

The story is a young amatur UFOologist has spent his whole life in pursuit of the truth about extraterrestrials. So much so that he's basically...alienated...everyone around him. He begins to follow a string of UFO sightings around the country, leading him to the... TRUTH. That Aliens are real, and they're loving scary! Now he's all alone, having to deal with a otherworldly threat. He has to try and convince a couple of his classmates to help take down this creature, despite them thinking he's a huge weirdo.

Here's the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2JNz9H1--I

Here's the short, the shortest cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqMOa23vBIw

I've been wondering for 2 years not sure how to make it, kicking my feet. But I decided to take a leap and try and crowdfund it.

crowdfunding link
https://igg.me/at/AlienatedFeature/x/34996603#/

And that's where I need some help. I don't love asking people to contribute, but I also want to really make this thing so I'll swallow that, and just put it out there.

Any bit not only helps, but means the drat world to me. But honestly, just as important as the contributions, perhaps even more important, is just spreading it around. Maybe there's some eyes that could see this and want to help make it! Not sure! Right now I have a potential local producer interested, but it's all talks. And nothing really solid.

I'm running this on my own for now, but hopefully soon, and especially if this starts getting some traction, we can really start!

I know there was that tony tango guy, but idk. I hope I make better stuff then him lol. Here's some shorts I've done if you'd like to see.

Found - 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BShLFrbXd8
Sam's Gift: Trick r' Treat fan film - 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wISZKrlRpTE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Hell yeah make that movie

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Best of luck!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Good luck CP!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thanks all! Tryin!

If anyone has any ideas on how to put this crowdfunding thing in front of some people who would be interested i'd love some help lol. I have no idea what I'm doing.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Will be backing this when I get paid.

I'll try to spread the word as well.

I think the script is good and has potential to make a goopy good film.

Hopefully this will pan out.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Confirm deny that the alien has a handful of alien cum

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hollismason posted:

Confirm deny that the alien has a handful of alien cum

Their own cum for sure

It’s not in the film but in the subtext.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Can we read the script?

Can I be an extra?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If you’d like to read the script i can send it to ya!

You can be an extra if you pay for it yourself lmao. But there is a big alien massacre scene where the alien fucks up a outdoor park music thing

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Awesome, CP!

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
If you need crew or editorial help I am roughly in the area!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So yeah updates are...idk what to do next at the moment. Nothings dead or done. Even if this crowdfunding fails im just gonna take what I learned and do another one.

But if anyone can spread this around to anyone you know that loves movies and wants to be a part of one that'd be so dope!!!

As far as producers and such goes right now, the person i was talking is busy but I'll see them next week, so hopefully I can touch base and see what their thoughts are. See if they finished the script.

FunkyAl posted:

If you need crew or editorial help I am roughly in the area!
If it gets off the ground absolutely!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

CelticPredator posted:

As far as producers and such goes right now, the person i was talking is busy but I'll see them next week, so hopefully I can touch base and see what their thoughts are. See if they finished the script.

I once went to a meeting with a producer who talked with me for an hour+ about how much potential the project had before casually admitting that he hadn't actually read the actual script but my vague descriptions of it sounded cool.

Best of luck.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I know at least this person read some of the script for sure lol. So that’s fine.

Honestly i just need money. So if they can find me money Idgaf if they read it or not

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Hell yeah. Ill try to contribute if I have some funds left over this month!

I just checked out a few of your shorts and let me say this, one of the most obvious and immediate failings of a vast swath of amateur filmmaking is that you can just immediately sense this doesnt "feel" like a movie. Theres a clunkyness, no flow, a complete lack of that energy that kinda pulls you into a movie.

Your shorts do not feel that way. You "get it" if that makes sense? Obviously they arent perfect and theres tons of room for improvement. But you clearly grasp one of the most fundamental and important aspects of filmmaking that so many, even working directors, still fail to grasp for me. Its always the thing I brace for when people send me shorts but I quite enjoyed yours!

Keep up the work and I have a feeling if you can get the funding you need youll make something rad.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

AccountSupervisor posted:

Hell yeah. Ill try to contribute if I have some funds left over this month!

I just checked out a few of your shorts and let me say this, one of the most obvious and immediate failings of a vast swath of amateur filmmaking is that you can just immediately sense this doesnt "feel" like a movie. Theres a clunkyness, no flow, a complete lack of that energy that kinda pulls you into a movie.

Your shorts do not feel that way. You "get it" if that makes sense? Obviously they arent perfect and theres tons of room for improvement. But you clearly grasp one of the most fundamental and important aspects of filmmaking that so many, even working directors, still fail to grasp for me. Its always the thing I brace for when people send me shorts but I quite enjoyed yours!

Keep up the work and I have a feeling if you can get the funding you need youll make something rad.

Thank you so much!!! This means so loving much! 👏👏👏

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I pitched in a bit.

Wanted to pitch in more but the tier I chose had a physical component and the site doesn't ship to Iceland. Which is smart because it's stupidly expensive to ship here.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thank you so much homie!

Idk what you were trying to go for but I can make something happen.

Might be expensive but we can figure that out later!

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Threw in also, hope to see some goop!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

checkplease posted:

Threw in also, hope to see some goop!

Ay yo! Thank you! I missed this, sorry!

Got about eight days left. If you can send it somewhere cool id appreciate it! I tried to post it on the PG reddit, but lol they're a closed group for some loving reason.

There's like 150 people there lol. So I don't know if it approved or not.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If anyone knows Tom Delong tell him to hmu pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m gonna copy and paste my update here

Sorry for the late update! Been working on stuff behind the scenes!

While we didn’t make the budget needed for Alienated, that doesn’t mean it’s over. It’s just on hold for now.

As I said the contributions will be used for a smaller feature, which we will begin working on soon and hopefully that will lead to Alienated getting made.

I want to thank everyone who contributed! It means the world to me!

But what does this mean for the perks? Well whenever this feature is finished you will get the same perks you were going to get with Alienated. And eventually when Alienated is made you will also receive the perks! So you’re basically getting a two for one deal!

I’ll keep everyone updated on the progress of this new film when things start to heat up.

But once again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much!