Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We drill tunnels through mountains and drive Ferraris through them.

What now, God?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

redshirt posted:

We drill tunnels through mountains and drive Ferraris through them.

What now, God?

no one here has done either of those things op

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

no one here has done either of those things op

True, but other people have. Good enough for me!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Devils Affricate posted:

Hey OP I think you got this guy, he's angry

I'm fuckin pissed
Jesus would beat ops rear end

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

If faith can move mountains, what can my antifaith move?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

I'm fuckin pissed
Jesus would beat ops rear end

I'm pretty certain I could kick Jesus's rear end.

I wouldn't want to, last resort thing, you dig?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

redshirt posted:

I'm pretty certain I could kick Jesus's rear end.

I wouldn't want to, last resort thing, you dig?

Jesus would make you eat his poo poo op

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

Jesus would make you eat his poo poo op

Tell Him anytime, anywhere (with a 6 week lead time)

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
It was a mistranslation, it's supposed to say large amounts of high explosives.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
You never hear about anyone regrowing missing limbs or coming back from the dead. Seems like neither of those prayers have ever been answered.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm pretty confident I could take most/all Gods in MMA sanctioned fight.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Grey Cat posted:

If faith can move mountains, what can my antifaith move?

Bowels

Much more practical, honestly

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Jesus was speaking in metaphor, OP.

When he says that specific quote, he is exasperated with his lovely disciples because their Faith Level is so low they couldn't even cast out a minor demon:

The Actual Bible posted:

“When they came to the crowd, a man approached Jesus and knelt before him. ‘Lord, have mercy on my son,’ he said. ‘He has seizures and is suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water. I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him.’ ‘You unbelieving and perverse generation,’ Jesus replied, ‘how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.’ Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed at that moment. Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, ‘Why couldn’t we drive it out?’ He replied, ‘Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.’”

It isn't the broadly applied quote people use it for. It wasn't part of the big sermons on how life works. In context, it refers quite specifically to demon banishing. If they had any faith, they'd be able to just tell the demon to leave and it would. Really, Jesus is making fun of the disciples for being so weak in faith-magic.

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 28, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

You never hear about anyone regrowing missing limbs or coming back from the dead. Seems like neither of those prayers have ever been answered.

The Bible provides metaphorical limbs. Just as the man's hand reaps the wheat, can the Lord's Word not reap souls?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

redshirt posted:

I'm pretty confident I could take most/all Gods in MMA sanctioned fight.
No way it's all. Jesus would be easy (the guy is just barely hanging on there as it is), but some of the other ones would be very, very hard.

The official depiction of Kali has her standing on a dude and holding another dude's severed head.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Hey jesus, if you're reading this: SUCK MY DICK YOU gently caress MAN!!

Faith, and shoving his balls in his own rear end in a top hat (I've seen him do it) is what keeps the goat man (our true lord and savior) from making GBS threads himself every day.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
why move mountains anyway???

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
He'll raise me up so I can stand on mountains. Perhaps we have to be on top of the mountain before our faith can move it?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

No way it's all. Jesus would be easy (the guy is just barely hanging on there as it is), but some of the other ones would be very, very hard.

The official depiction of Kali has her standing on a dude and holding another dude's severed head.

Agreed. Jesus is like paper maiche.

Kali has her weaknesses....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Of course I would defeat Mohammed in a 1 on 1 match, no magic.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

redshirt posted:

Of course I would defeat Mohammed in a 1 on 1 match, no magic.

Well sure, he's dead

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

maybeadracula posted:

Well sure, he's dead

Point, Me.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Jesus was speaking in metaphor, OP.

When he says that specific quote, he is exasperated with his lovely disciples because their Faith Level is so low they couldn't even cast out a minor demon:

It isn't the broadly applied quote people use it for. It wasn't part of the big sermons on how life works. In context, it refers quite specifically to demon banishing. If they had any faith, they'd be able to just tell the demon to leave and it would. Really, Jesus is making fun of the disciples for being so weak in faith-magic.

Well that's really weird actually. Jesus's disciples had faith Jesus could heal the child and Jesus shamed them for not just healing the child themselves?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

if i was a mole in the ground i’d root that mountain down. then i would fight god

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
jesus going on about those darn kids

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It doesn't mean that at all OP it's a metaphor that through God all things are possible so jot that down

Such as moving mountains?

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

Them mountains will move after we blow the tops off to find that delectable coal
:discourse: :coal:

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

An interesting phrase from some Christians is that faith can move mountains.

But does that mean the perfect God put some mountains in the wrong place?

Also which mountains have moved? Nobody has any faith?

It's not in the wrong place when its purpose was to be moved through His powers.

You heard of tectonic shift right? That's not some egghead poo poo it's fueled by G*d's will and the faith of the righteous. Really, instead of poking holes in things you should readjust your heretical mindset and pray on it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

god answers every prayer. it just takes him a few million years

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

god answers every prayer. it just takes him a few million years

What happens when 2 players on the opposite side of a match both pray to God for a victory?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt posted:

What happens when 2 players on the opposite side of a match both pray to God for a victory?

all prayers are answered in the order received

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Bring it on, God.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

all prayers are answered in the order received

Huh, that makes sense. God runs a tight shop.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I remember some preacher talking about this verse and explaining that the reason nobody is actually moving mountains is because if you had enough faith to move the mountain, you'd also have the wisdom to realize it would probably be a really bad idea.

I can remember thinking, even back then as a kid, "Nice cop-out".

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Genesplicer posted:

I remember some preacher talking about this verse and explaining that the reason nobody is actually moving mountains is because if you had enough faith to move the mountain, you'd also have the wisdom to realize it would probably be a really bad idea.

I can remember thinking, even back then as a kid, "Nice cop-out".

So like back before electricity, right?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

redshirt posted:

So like back before electricity, right?

Yeah, but those whale oil lamps were pretty schwai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Genesplicer posted:

Yeah, but those whale oil lamps were pretty schwai.

Listen well children, from the Light of the Whale