Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

kiimo posted:

Go to the weather thread and look at the tornados from Omaha and Iowa today. loving insane

edit: here

And I thought wind was crazy on the mountain today, dust storms while it was sprinkling while completely sunny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That crazy multi vortex tornado turned into this btw

luchadornado posted:

That Harlan one is nuts...

The weather thread is a great follow there are dudes in there that are legit, posting Science with a capital S and it makes me look super tuned in when I tell people about storms that are weeks away coming. Like, uh oh another atmospheric river in the Pacific right now heading right for us.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 27, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

kiimo posted:

That crazy multi vortex tornado turned into this btw

Blegh I have a ton of other family that moved back East into Nebraska, trying to hit up my cousin but no response

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
When the derecho ran through Iowa in 2020, it was essentially like a 45 mile wide inland category 4 hurricane. My mom lost about twenty 150+ years old trees (her tree removal bill was $17k in addition to the $55k insurance claim for damages to the house), and the city she lives in lost 75% of its mature tree cover. The city looks so weird and 'new development' now.

Most of Iowa got hit by that one, so it appears that climate change has pushed Tornado Alley north 200 miles or so from where it used to be.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I guess if you're going to loose badly you might as well just fight the other team.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Well gently caress I was hoping for an old school El Niño where it’s was just a buncha rain all summer like the old days. Wasn’t expecting the ripple tornados

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There are more expected named hurricanes this coming season than in recorded history so buckle up

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Want: Coastal Oregon
Get: 8 months of weekly snow into May

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

It's also supposed to be hotter than normal in the PACNW this summer too.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Yeah I’ve never lived in place that needed cooling, open a few windows and you’re good

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My apartment being a basement mother in law helps, as does having a windowless mostly concrete sided guest room/office (they split the pantry space in to two rooms when the prior tenants had a baby). Still when it was over 100 multiple days in a row it got difficult.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

The 90 foot tree on the property scares me but that fuckers prolly 200 years old and its roots are deeeeeeep

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

It's also supposed to be hotter than normal in the PACNW this summer too.

When I last had my system serviced, the HVAC guy here (Bay Area) said they'd installed more A/C units in the past 5 years than in the previous 30 combined.

Anyway, I'm sure it's fine...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Still haven't turned on the AC yet this year...

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I've been really busy with work lately, and so between that and family, I completely didn't catch that Paramount canceled Star Trek: Lower Decks after the upcoming Season 5. That really sucks, and I'm sad because often a new episode would debut on nights my wife worked, so I could get the kids to bed, then just sit down and decompress and laugh for 25 minutes given all the poo poo going on around me that's been causing depression.

a sexual elk posted:

My brother finally hit me back, he moved from SoCal to Omaha a couple years ago. He just sent me this pic, 5 minutes from his house

Holy poo poo, I'm glad your brother is ok!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
When Portland had a hot summer in 2015 where the evening temps didn't drop below 80°F until after 10pm, I saved up and put in central A/C the following year.

Last year the summer was like when I first moved to Portland in 2005 (mild, only a couple days of 90°F, low fire hazard). This year will be dry & hot again. Not good news for my woodland firefighter friends!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’ve been going to f45 and enjoying it. I got way off track with working out and almost got to 230 and scared myself - there’s an f45 walkable to me so I joined.

Anyway, I’ve been pushing pretty hard and going regularly. I went this morning and they told me that I was on top of the leaderboard in points for the week. When you join they give you a tracker and based on heart rate, movement and whatever other bullshit they give you a point score for your workout, the goal is to hit 45.

Anyway I was #1 out of everyone in the gym this week of ~100 people. Nice little surprise.

:feelsgood:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
While making a stop at the AutoZone near my house I caught the tail end of some Hispanic parade.

https://i.imgur.com/9argFwM.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Dicking around Arrowhead Lake and BlueJay today and the great pizza place that had its roof caved in from snow last winter is back open