Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
My wife laughed at me / hates me for roughly guessing the ID on the cars on a house plan drawing of a garage:

80's 911 and a BMW e31 is my guess.

What are your guesses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
I guessed the cars before reading your post and came up the same. I thought F body on the left at first before really looking at it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I think you're 100% on the money

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I had same guesses before scrolling down too lol

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I didn't notice the vents at first, so I was wrong on the Porsche, but I'll be able to clock an OG 8 Series anywhere. The 850csi is one of my favorite cars

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

I didn't notice the vents at first, so I was wrong on the Porsche, but I'll be able to clock an OG 8 Series anywhere. The 850csi is one of my favorite cars

There was one for sale for $6500 near me a few years back and I really wish I had the money at the time to buy it. Fuel economy be damned, that car is beautiful.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

MrOnBicycle posted:

My wife laughed at me / hates me for roughly guessing the ID on the cars on a house plan drawing of a garage:

80's 911 and a BMW e31 is my guess.

What are your guesses?

I would love to have a 850i manual one day, so gorgeous

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

850 manual is the Sreten Special lmao

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I got to drive an 850csi 6-speed about 20 years ago at the tire shop. We were putting all four new tires on it and I haven’t even seen one in person since. Plenty of 840’s and 850’s in auto but that one manual stayed with me.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Oof. 850 chat sent me shopping for one. Couple of nice ones, including one very close to me, and an even nicer 840 if I wanted to avoid the V12 money pit, but "you might also like" showed me one of my other highly prized BMW dreams:

'94 540i 6-speed, 150k km, clean as a whistle. "1 of 3 Avus Blue E34 540i/6 - RHD of the 249 HE52 ever made and only one with Light Silvergrey leather" asking NZ$28k. All the M5 speed, none of the M5 bills.

Some real nice 635CSi's too.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Every couple of years I wistfully look at 8 series and watch the prices on them tick farther away from comfortable attainability, especially the manuals

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I like the e31's, and wouldn't say not to one. But I don't know if I like them enough to fork out the ~$40k that a manual one with 180k km goes for around here.

I have a stupid dream car I'd rather get my hands on... an AMC Eagle.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
lmao the only manual E31s on Autotrader are all over $100k

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

MrOnBicycle posted:

I like the e31's, and wouldn't say not to one. But I don't know if I like them enough to fork out the ~$40k that a manual one with 180k km goes for around here.

I have a stupid dream car I'd rather get my hands on... an AMC Eagle.

Yeah, after for them looking nationwide on autotrader.ca I'm even more sad in retrospect.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I could have bought a running & driving E30 M3 for $12,000 about 15 years ago and didn't.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Oof. 850 chat sent me shopping for one. Couple of nice ones, including one very close to me, and an even nicer 840 if I wanted to avoid the V12 money pit, but "you might also like" showed me one of my other highly prized BMW dreams:

'94 540i 6-speed, 150k km, clean as a whistle. "1 of 3 Avus Blue E34 540i/6 - RHD of the 249 HE52 ever made and only one with Light Silvergrey leather" asking NZ$28k. All the M5 speed, none of the M5 bills.

Some real nice 635CSi's too.

I'll never be a fan of grey leather, but god drat that's a nice vehicle.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

I could have bought a running & driving E30 M3 for $12,000 about 15 years ago and didn't.

that and pretty much all 911s (even the 996s are appreciating now). I blame Top Gear getting put on Netflix at the end of the 2000s/beginning of the 2010s

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

bolind posted:

I'll never be a fan of grey leather, but god drat that's a nice vehicle.

Regular grey, I mostly agree, but this very light almost white looking one is great with the blue.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
There is something truly magical about a big gently caress off V12 GT car with a manual box.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
speaking of e31s, this is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F15Nd59Hds

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Best automotive content on youtube.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
As an owner of one, watching him tear down the BMW S65 engine was fascinating.

Clearly not something you want to do with your own, but amazing to see someone that knowledgeable do it. I'm "relatively handy" but I need to take photos of everything I disassemble every 45 seconds or I am definitely not putting it back together right.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

trilobite terror posted:

Every couple of years I wistfully look at 8 series and watch the prices on them tick farther away from comfortable attainability, especially the manuals

I've wanted a CTS V wagon or 540i wagon with a manual for some time now, the autos are still somewhat affordable but the manuals are selling for more than they did new. I've kinda given up on my rocket wagon.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Can be yours for 17k CAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
man, m-pars really do look good on almost anything :allears: