Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

There's a plane on fire currently on a runway at Haneda Airport in Tokyo

https://www.youtube.com/live/Id41V7c5O04?si=EoMzHumIonHCqpYo

It's real bad

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jan 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
bbc says the airline claims all of the passengers and crew have been evacuated

Also says it may have been caused by a collision with a coast guard plane. Doesn't say anything about what happened to the crew of the other plane. Presumably a much smaller plane.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
bbc

Five unaccounted for on coastguard plane - reports
A few moments ago, we reported that officials thought the plane on fire on Tokyo's runway could have collided with a Japanese coastguard plane.

Now, Japanese broadcasters TBS and NHK say one person onboard the coastguard plane escaped, while the other five remain unaccounted for.

We'll bring you more on this as soon as we get it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That's one flashy landing.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
This is why it's important to kill anyone futzing with luggage if you have to evacuate. Microseconds count!

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Is the coast OK?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
With a mid air collision those pilots did a loving amazing job to get that plane down in one piece.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Hammerite posted:

bbc

Five unaccounted for on coastguard plane - reports
A few moments ago, we reported that officials thought the plane on fire on Tokyo's runway could have collided with a Japanese coastguard plane.

Now, Japanese broadcasters TBS and NHK say one person onboard the coastguard plane escaped, while the other five remain unaccounted for.

We'll bring you more on this as soon as we get it.

The pilot of the coastguard aircraft survived.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Raged posted:

With a mid air collision those pilots did a loving amazing job to get that plane down in one piece.

it wasn't midair, it was as the airbus was landing

Raged posted:

The pilot of the coastguard aircraft survived.
for now at least, they're in serious condition

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Always listen to the flight crew and take your drat airpods out when they tell you to. Takeoff, approach, and landing (especially landing) are by a large margin the most likely times for an aircraft accident to happen.

Weird as hell though, not even 12 hours ago I was watching a video on 74gear about ATC almost causing a runway landing/takeoff collision, and the importance of putting your seats up when they tell you to because in an emergency evacuation you could get people killed if you don't.

thunderspanks fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jan 2, 2024

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im trapped in teh shitter

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lots of :gas:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Man, with this and the big 7.5 earthquake, Japan is having one hell of a start to the year. :(

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

im trapped in teh shitter

R. Smelly :nexus:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Misleading thread title

✈️ 🔥🚒

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

thunderspanks posted:

Always listen to the flight crew and take your drat airpods out when they tell you to. Takeoff, approach, and landing (especially landing) are by a large margin the most likely times for an aircraft accident to happen.

Weird as hell though, not even 12 hours ago I was watching a video on 74gear about ATC almost causing a runway landing/takeoff collision, and the importance of putting your seats up when they tell you to because in an emergency evacuation you could get people killed if you don't.

If you have your seat reclined at all you’re an rear end in a top hat

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

How dare you use the 1" recline feature that's built in and advertised!

Really though if person in front of you does, you almost have to in some aircraft

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I've never seen a reclined seat that tilts more than 1degree.
E: beaten

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

DrSunshine posted:

Man, with this and the big 7.5 earthquake, Japan is having one hell of a start to the year. :(

Well, one caused the other. The small plane wouldn't have been there if it hadn't been responding to the earthquake.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

maybeadracula posted:

Really though if person in front of you does, you almost have to in some aircraft

:hmmyes: yeah its a chair cascade, because reclining the chair 1" removes .5" of space from the seatback tray table, so I have to recline to pull the tray out fractionally to restore the proper viewing angle :goonsay:

They should remove reclining seats from any flight <3 hours IMO

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

maybeadracula posted:

Yeah, exactly why it’s a problem.

Obviously this is the airline’s fault for continuing to cram us in like sardines but until justice is meted out to them I’d like that one inch of personal space back please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i would simply not fly my airplane into another airplane :shrug: