Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Gollom posted:

Gottmik is also kinda...whatever. If nothing else, it'll be fun watching them try to jump cut around her during the dancing challenges.

"If we don't show you how bad she actually is, then maybe you won't notice!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Hmm, I like Angeria and Roxxxy, also had a soft spot for Nina West on her season as I really like camp queens. I'm glad to see Shannel again too. Kinda don't care about the others, but maybe this time around, I'll wind up a big fan of someone I don't expect.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm hoping that if it's non-elimiation then there's less need to cover for queens if something isn't their strength. I'd hope they came up with enough challenges that distribute the wins across everyone.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Pretty interesting how S11 now has a total of 9 queens to go on AS. And there's still a few more who could potentially come back. Despite the lack of chemistry with that cast overall, it produced a lot of fan favorites.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
For this week's maxi challenge, you will be doing mime makeup

*Inexplicably Shannel wins anyway "

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Shneak posted:

My Survivor-watching brain thinks Nymphia deserved a better winner's edit than she got though.

This really stood out to me, it feels like they did a really lousy job of showcasing her personality. She went through the entire competition with her guard up and I still don't feel like I really got to know her. I'm glad she won because she's stunning but her run on the show is kind of bizarre.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I’m waiting on the supercut from this season every time Nymphia mentions bananas/yellow.

As for AS9… the probably the least excited I’ve been for a cast.

I’d love to see International All Winners. Or just more International queens.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I just want a season that's Pangina and Pangina wins the crown she was cheated out of

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
my wife and the woman at work I talk to about drag race both love gottmilk and are super excited for her run on all stars and tbh I think I might have to introduce them to each other and have a watching party so I don't have to pretend I give a poo poo

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Magic Hate Ball posted:

This really stood out to me, it feels like they did a really lousy job of showcasing her personality. She went through the entire competition with her guard up and I still don't feel like I really got to know her. I'm glad she won because she's stunning but her run on the show is kind of bizarre.

If you are interested in learning about her life story, there's a cute Taiwanese documentary on Youtube about her relationship with her mom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZAIz58L768

I do wish she opened more about her mom as well as her home drag scene in confessionals

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

gandlethorpe posted:

If you are interested in learning about her life story, there's a cute Taiwanese documentary on Youtube about her relationship with her mom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZAIz58L768

I do wish she opened more about her mom as well as her home drag scene in confessionals

There's a chance she did and it didn't air

Cos I agree, weird edit where she was... downplayed almost? She has pretty obvious star power

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Andrew_1985 posted:

I’m waiting on the supercut from this season every time Nymphia mentions bananas/yellow.

As for AS9… the probably the least excited I’ve been for a cast.

I’d love to see International All Winners. Or just more International queens.

Global all stars is rumored for July and the cast is a banger.

Gala vero, Athena sorgelikis, soa de muse, among others.

Love gala

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

big black turnout posted:

I just want a season that's Pangina and Pangina wins the crown she was cheated out of

This but Marina

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

RuPaul’s Drag Race Pangina vs Marina

Spoiler: It ends with a double crowning

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I want to see this too. Pangina's excellence must be celebrated properly

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

G-Mawwwwwww posted:

Global all stars is rumored for July and the cast is a banger.

Gala vero, Athena sorgelikis, soa de muse, among others.

Love gala

Dude, I'm still waiting for more Matraka. I loved the final four of RPDR-Mexico, but Matraka was definitely favored above all.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

gandlethorpe posted:

Super cute shirt just went up on Nymphia's merch shop with cartoon renditions of all her looks. Already ordered one cause who knows how long those supplies will last.

Did yours ever get shipped? Ordered it last Saturday hoping to get it as a gift for someone but no movement yet.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

You've probably already seen this, but in case you haven't, google "Nymphia Wind" and click on the banana.

Not this one :sotw:

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Drimble Wedge posted:

You've probably already seen this, but in case you haven't, google "Nymphia Wind" and click on the banana.

Not this one :sotw:

Aaaaaah this is so cute!!

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
We weren't able to watch the finale but knew who the winner was for the past week. I was prepared to be upset on Sapphira's behalf... but after watching all the performances, man Nymphia really knocked it out of the park. I had no idea she could lip sync so well and so impressively.

Was this the first time a finalist has won (or shared) Miss Congeniality? Of course Sapphira is deserving but that was...ominous, I imagine, for her.

Agreed that Nymphia's 'edit' didn't seem to be a 'winners edit' (and frankly, I wish they didn't do that at all but it is what it is for a reality show). Happy for her, she's incredible.

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious
For a US season, for sure it's the first time yeah. Kind of led me to thinking Sapphira wasn't going to win the season but it was weird enough that she was even in the running for Miss C that I was like, sure why not let her have both titles?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

dpkg chopra posted:

Did yours ever get shipped? Ordered it last Saturday hoping to get it as a gift for someone but no movement yet.

Haven't gotten an email saying it shipped yet

Mike N Eich posted:

Was this the first time a finalist has won (or shared) Miss Congeniality? Of course Sapphira is deserving but that was...ominous, I imagine, for her.

Gollom posted:

For a US season, for sure it's the first time yeah. Kind of led me to thinking Sapphira wasn't going to win the season but it was weird enough that she was even in the running for Miss C that I was like, sure why not let her have both titles?

This was the first MC tie, but not the first finalist. That happened only once before on the very first season with Nina Flowers!

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious

gandlethorpe posted:

Haven't gotten an email saying it shipped yet

This was the first MC tie, but not the first finalist. That happened only once before on the very first season with Nina Flowers!

I thought Ongina was MC! My drag race trivia knowledge has failed me. I am shamed.

Ongina is the Miss Congeniality of my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Sapphira was the first Finalist to win MC in the post-Valentina era.