Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i just remembered taco the wonder dog was a playable character in awful fantasy and now im sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I thought it was amusing back in the day. I forgive you. Unless you used the phrase "batshit insane" constantly (I don't remember) in which case go to hell.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Junk posted:

i just remembered taco the wonder dog was a playable character in awful fantasy and now im sad
This made me sad too. :(

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
A new goon game for the modern era would be a cool project but I unfortunately have no familiarity with any game engines or mod tools

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Based on the modern cultural desert?

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

goatface posted:

Based on the modern cultural desert?

Dont you ever underestimate XJAKK

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm surprised there isn't a full play through of it on Youtube, that I can find at least, I wanted to scrub through the big game events and see how they changed.

Someone should do one (not me though), there's a guy who got I dunno around the first Ultros battle but that's it

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
I made it to the Clocktower and couldn’t figure out the solution so I quit. Still it was an impressive undertaking

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

X JAKK posted:

I used the bad gay people word a lot because I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry hadn't come out yet and I had no frame of reference that it might be hurtful to others in my manic lonely world of endless seclusion and pain.

I don't think you should feel bad about anything you did pre-INPYC&L

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
You made a mostly functional rom hack rework of a game in the mid 00's and more or less finished it. (There is a playthrough on the LP Archive) Yeah, it's nothing but in jokes and forum quotes and all that, and there's the unfortunate cringe humor and slurs, but IT WAS THE STYLE AT THE TIME and you matured enough to regret it. I would argue it's more accomplishment than apology required. And for what is needed there, I'm sure anyone with sense would forgive you for it.

And I'd say it's less cringe than whoever turned FF6 into a game about the MLP FIM characters and world.

Junk posted:

new goon project for us to crash and burn: awful fantasy sanitized edition

I'm probably talking out my rear end, but with the advance of computers and programs, this...doesn't sound too hard? I mean, if you could get ahold of the romhack's specific source code setup, find out where the bad parts are and change them, maybe alter a few sprites, possibly fix some remaining bugs...yeah, it would probably be WORK, but a lot less than actually making the game.

I suspect it's much harder than just doing something akin to searching out words in a document and changing them. I mean, look at how one error in one line of code cascaded into utterly breaking Aliens: Colonel Marines.