Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

at this point this goon just seems to be emoting into the thread

(im a true detective, and this is what my sleuthing has uncovered)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Crystal Thenis posted:

from craig zahler being a racist director to Tokyo vice being a male power fantasy

this topic has some really strange and awful takes

White dude in Tokyo hanging out with the coolest guys, sexing the top hostess waitress, seducing the top Yakuza’s girl, and pushing past boundaries in pursuit of the righteous truth.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Flowers for QAnon posted:

White dude in Tokyo hanging out with the coolest guys, sexing the top hostess waitress, seducing the top Yakuza’s girl, and pushing past boundaries in pursuit of the righteous truth.

It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Flowers for QAnon posted:

investigating a yakuza loan scheme, a power struggle between two clans, the trials and tribulations of a hostess girl

oh sorry but the the main character is a WHITE

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

glad to get the flip side of the "you hate this because of WOMEN" argument

powerful stuff

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Crystal Thenis posted:

investigating a yakuza loan scheme, a power struggle between two clans, the trials and tribulations of a hostess girl

oh sorry but the the main character is a WHITE

Ur dumb

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Cugel the Clever posted:

True Detective, season 5: Day Country

The first day of dawn breaks. A murder mystery—who killed Ennis?

The mining conglomeration has pulled out of town and with it go the jobs. The residents who don't immediately leave with the company come to the realization that their home had long since grown dependent on the influx of capital it offered: mine employees get good money; mine employees spend good money on local goods and services; everyone benefits from an increase in income and tax revenues. In their absence, public services shutter and private businesses see their bottom lines buckle.

A death spiral ensues as no one has any income to pay anyone else. Locals struggle with a hard decision. Do they leave their home and traditions behind them to obtain better prospects for them and their children? Or do they stick it out to safeguard their heritage, enduring a hardscrabble subsistence lifestyle utterly unlike the (extremely relative) luxury to which they've grown accustomed? Many rightly bemoan the deprivations of capitalism, but struggle to offer a path forward into the new day.

Our protagonist rolls into town on a fat-tire bicycle and stops behind a mob of job seekers protesting at City Hall. As the new light breaks over the horizon, she dons a pair of sunglasses and speaks aloud to the camera, "Gosh, I'm just so tired of all these nights in this here country."

We can work with this...how many episodes?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Robobot posted:

Maybe Jamie Lee Curtis can play Ray Velcoro in the season 5 remake of season 2.

Velcoro's character needs to be rebooted with Colin or retired permanently.

He was a complex man, consumed with thoughts and regrets and trying to right them the only way he knew how.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

season 5 will be the avengers season. All the detectives coming together to form the truest detective.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Molothecat posted:

glad to get the flip side of the "you hate this because of WOMEN" argument

powerful stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Colostomy Bag posted:

Velcoro's character needs to be rebooted with Colin or retired permanently.

He was a complex man, consumed with thoughts and regrets and trying to right them the only way he knew how.

No! No, no, no, no. This thread is not going to get me to rewatch season two.

Nice try universe! Go find another sucker!