Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOVIE MATCHUP!
Finding Forrester
Saving Silverman
View Results

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Year: 2000
Director: Gus van Sant (Good Will Hunting, Milk)
Notable Cast: Sean Connery, F. Murray Abraham, Rob Brown, Anna Paquin, Busta Rhymes
Rating: PG-13
Where to Watch: Peacock, Prime Video (subscription required on both)

Plot Synopsis: A unique relationship develops between an eccentric, reclusive novelist (Sean Connery) and a young, amazingly gifted scholar-athlete (Rob Brown). After the novelist discovers that the young athlete is also an excellent writer and secretly takes him on as his protégé, they develop an unlikely friendship. As they learn more about each other, they learn more about themselves, and ultimately, with the help of his new mentor, the basketball star must choose the right path.

Trivia: A scene from this film inspired an entire subculture of internet memes, known as "YTMND."

Year: 2001
Director: Dennis Dugan (Problem Child, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry)
Notable Cast: R. Lee Ermey, Jason Biggs, Steve Zahn, Jack Black, special guest appearance by musician Neil Diamond
Rating: PG-13
Where to Watch: Pluto TV (free!)

Plot Synopsis: The film traces the misadventures of buddies J.D. (Jack Black) and Wayne (Steve Zahn), who begin to suspect that their best friend, Darren Silverman (Jason Biggs), is going to allow himself to be badgered into marrying Judith (Amanda Peet), a woman he doesn't love. They decide to reunite him with his long lost love from their school days (Amanda Detmer) -- even if they have to kidnap Judith to do it.

Trivia: The magician in the bar hitting on Judith is Kyle Gass, lead guitarist and co-writer in Tenacious D (1997) with Jack Black.

tmfc fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

truth be told, i don't particularly like either of these movies. so i will abstain from voting in the poll.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

But why these two movies?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
what the hell are you talking about

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

herculon posted:

But why these two movies?

they both use alliteration in the title

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

tmfc posted:

they both use alliteration in the title

Ah ok

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
havent seen either, but i voted forrester to fit in

thanks for the epic sig el spider

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i thought the movies would be similar and released around the same time like armageddon and deep impact.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

anyway i havent seen either of these, and honestly dont want to even try watching either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You the man now dog