Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

i found this last night while going thru youtube's movies-and-tv section

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPPK4SRCC_g

SPACE PRECINCT 2040

oh i guess it's just Space Precinct. the 2040 is just on the badge in the logo. that's confusing

i'm begging you to at least watch the opening credits to this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

loved this show as a kid.
such a waste that they only made the one series. Gerry Anderson deserved better.

can still remember the one episode that got really dark - cyborg time traveller brutally kills off every single one of the main cast one by one as revenge for his present day self being caught in the crossfire and knocked into a vat of acid at the beginning of the episode
and this was supposed to be a kids show.

Cerv fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 22, 2024

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

not available in my country :(

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
This show is dope, grabbed the DVDs a few years ago. Some truly fantastic miniatures and effects, really outclassed any of the other high-concept effects-heavy shows of the time like Total Recall 2070 in terms of creating a cool and immersive world that didn't feel small. Has a bit more Blade Runner in it than you'd expect. The only things bringing it down are:

1) The design of the aliens is incredibly offputting
2) The tone fluctuates wildly between compelling drama for adults and a goofy kids show

I feel like fixing one or the other would have gone a long way to it having found a wider reach. It's a really interesting show that should be better remembered.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Oh my god I thought I imagined this show as a kid. I remembered Tall Police Yoda but could never figure out the show and "Space cops" is kind of a crowded field to search.