Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Problem description: About a week ago a constant buzzing noise started coming from my desktop. I determined pretty quick its one of the fans in the AIO cooler. I made sure it was clear of dust or any debris and the noise is still happening. Shortly after the buzzing started my CPU tempt is hanging around 79C while the PC is completely idle. Performance is clearly being effected when I play almost any game. I've also occasionally had the desktop fail to boot and it gives me a temperature warning and another warning that the CPU isn't getting enough voltage. Shutting down the pc for a couple of minutes lets it boot up pretty quick and I as long as I don't load up any games it runs fine but still with the loud buzzing noise coming from one of the AIO fans.

Recent Changes: None

Operating System: Windows 10, 64 bit

System Specs
CPUIntel Core i7 @ 3.60GHz
16.0GB ram
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI (LGA1200)
Graphics: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
Storage: 931GB Western Digital WDC WDS100T2B0C-00PXH0 (Unknown (SSD))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
It's likely to be he aio pump. Try it with no cpu fans connected for a bit. Not more than a minute.

If only the pump is connected, and the sound is still present just get a kraken (2 fan) or a hyper 212