Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 62.5% of the vote, Naito/Okada advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Orange Cassidy vs. Kenny Omega vs. PAC from AEW Double or Nothing against Jamie Hayter vs. Hikaru Shida from AEW Dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:hayter:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

;_;

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
this is cruel

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

graph posted:

this is cruel

There are no tomato cans in this tournament.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hayter vs Shida

PAC vs Omega vs Cassidy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sorry Omega, PAC and Orange, but it was never gonna be anything other than this:

https://i.imgur.com/CJbKoR0.mp4

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Both of these matches kick rear end but I have to give the nod to Hayter/Shida.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Punch McLightning posted:

I have rated over 5000 matches on Cagematch. MAA is currently at 11,711, with 2592 of them (22.1%) as 10s. For comparison, 3% of my match ratings are 10s..

And I felt a bit generous having 4% of matches as 10s.

(The most generous 10 compared to the inmates I've given was Superkliq vs. Christian and Jurassic Express; the least generous goose-egg was Cody vs. Roman, thanks a lot Solo Sikoa :mad:.)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 72.73% of the vote, Hayter/Shida advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Ilja Dragunov vs. Walter from WWE NXT UK against the Briscoe Brothers vs. FTR from ROH Death Before Dishonor

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ilja and WALTER seeing who they're up against:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmhEXjM7iTw&t=54s

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

WALTER vs Dragunov

FTR vs Briscoes (at 2:05:40)

I thought the ROH match was going to be a slam dunk suince I remember it being pretty great but then watched the NXT match and was blown away. By far my favourite match between these two guys and more than likely my favourite match ever from the WWE umbrella, this felt raw in a way i've not felt since the Nakajima vs Kitamiya cage match from NOAH. There's no way it's making it through but this is a match i'll be thinking about for years, incredible stuff

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Walter/Ilja was an absolute banger and received universal praise when it first happened. It's a shame it'll get swept aside in this forum's anti-WWE sentiment because it truly deserves to be among the absolute best matches in recent history.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It really just got a raw draw. I'd vote it over so many matches but Briscoes/FTR...that's tough.

That said I thought this was the Dog Collar Match and it's not so maybe it has a chance. I gotta rewatch.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I forgot this thread exist and found it in time to vote for a WWE match. Didn't expect that but hey, Walter/Ilja is a match that never gets old. Just the perfect dance partners.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

Walter/Ilja was an absolute banger and received universal praise when it first happened. It's a shame it'll get swept aside in this forum's anti-WWE sentiment because it truly deserves to be among the absolute best matches in recent history.

That match was so good, it transcends WWE filth

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hey, another tie!

Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Go Shiozaki from Pro Wrestling Noah 20th Anniversary ~ NOAH The Chronicle Vol. 2 against Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi from NJPW G1 Climax 30, Night 13 against Ilja Dragunov vs. Walter from WWE NXT UK against the Briscoe Brothers vs. FTR from ROH Death Before Dishonor

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh man, Walter/Dragunov crawled it's way back to a draw only to have to face that Go/Fujita match. It's not fair

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

SG Bamboo posted:

Oh man, Walter/Dragunov crawled it's way back to a draw only to have to face that Go/Fujita match. It's not fair

Two matches advance, it still has a chance.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's mostly because its hard for me to decide where my vote goes. Walter/Dragunov was an incredible show of brutality, Go/Fujita was a fascinating example of a match that could have only been done during the pandemic period, and achieved a level of tension relative to the effort put in rarely seen. Both are great for very different reasons

Okada vs Shingo

Go vs Fujita

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Go/Fujita is the one with the 30 minute staredown right?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Go/Fujita is the one with the 30 minute staredown right?

Yeah. And Fujita drinking hand sanitiser, because I get that the start of the pandemic we hadn't realised how that stuff works yet?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Wit 53.85% and 30.77% of the respective vote, Dragunov/Walter and Fujita/Shiozaki advance.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Aaron Henare vs. Shingo Takagi from NJPW Road to Sakura Genesis against Bryan Danielson vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. from NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rough Matchup for HENARE/Shingo, it came out of absolutely nowhere on a random Road To show and I would have voted it over a ton of matches, just not Bryan/ZSJ

ZSJ vs Danielson

Shingo vs HENARE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Henare vs. Takagi was great but that Danielson/ZSJ match was loving incredible.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 94.12% of the vote, Danielson/Sabre advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Jon Moxley vs. Wheeler Yuta from AEW Rampage against Ricky Knight, Jr. vs. Will Ospreay from RevPro Tenth Anniversary, Night 2

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Moxley vs Yuta

Ospreay vs RKJ

That Moxley/Yuta match was very good, I remember being disappointed with Yuta's showing in Best of Super Jr 2022 after seeing this ecause my expectations were set very high.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This Ospreay fella sure has alot of good matches

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

That mox yuta match lives rent free in my head

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 80% of the vote, Moxley/Yuta advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Kenny Omega vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi from NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13 against Go Shiozaki vs. Takashi Sugiura from Pro Wrestling Noah The BEST ~Final Chronicle 2020~

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'll get some links up after work tonight, will be voting for Go/Sugiura if only for how incredible Go was during that reign with his arms held together with tape and hope

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The NJPW match will win but I will vote proudly for Shiozaki Sugiura

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Omega vs Tanahashi

Go vs Sugiura

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 66.67% of the vote, Shiozaki/Sugiura advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Death Triangle vs. the Elite from AEW Dynamite against Tetsuya Naito vs. Will Ospreay from NJPW G1 Climax 33, Night 18

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ospreay vs Naito (at 3:06:35)

Death Triangle vs The Elite (at 1:36:30)

G1, definitely

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Naito Ospreay for sure - I'm sure I'll get a chance to vote for anoother death triangle / elite match at some point though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it seems that it most likely won't change the outcome but i have voted for a match that i thought was a different match. i won't let that happen again and i apologize. i'm going to the inferno