Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i liked going to the burger king at the local mall with my scumbag friends and we'd mix alcohol into our refillable softdrinks and sit there getting drunk until the cups disintegrated probably because the alcohol was wrecking them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I skim-read the title as "reminisce about your teenage haircuts" and no, that won't be happening
We hung around two houses: the home of the guy with the most functional parents (great food! airconditioning! multiple computers!) and the home of the guy with the least functional parents (freedom! secrecy! carpet that was sticky for unknown reasons!)

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

There were a couple I can remember.

There was a spot just outside the woods where it was secluded and just far enough away from the road that noone would bother you. It had a bit of a dip where someone had dug out a huge block of the ground, kind of like digging a grave except it was huge, and people would sometimes dump old poo poo down there that was too big for the normal bins but that they couldn't be arsed to take to the dump. Once someone dumped an old CRT TV in there and we spent about 2 hours just trying to smash the screen which was surprisingly difficult. When we finally broke the thing it seemed to fart out this white dust that we were all like "lol cool". Later that night we went down to one of our houses and we told my mate's Dad what we did for some reason and he said "I really hope you didn't smash the TV because TV screens have a poison gas in them that can kill you!" so we all thought back to the white poo poo that came out and thought we were poisoned lol.

One kid who used to go up there with us once stashed an entire fence panel up there which he was going to use as a weapon if ever an enemy tried to invade our spot. I remember the day he found it we were walking back from some house party and someones fence had blown over in a storm and he just grabbed it and started dragging it down the street. I think he thought he'd be able to swing it or something if anyone tried to start poo poo with us but he could barely carry it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
There was a poo poo pub in my small town that tolerated under age drinking as long as you didn't piss off the locals or the barman. It sort of reminded me of the dynamic when you hang out with an older brother and his friends, you are fine until you annoy them then you are off home.

We generally went in the afternoons on weekends and left by early evening. You had this weird situation where there was a big group of 15/16 year olds and we were the best behaved people in the place. Everyone else was poo poo faced and fighting.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Genesplicer posted:

We had a spot out in the woods in Colorado. One of those reasonably remote spots that is still reasonably close to town. We found a dense thicket against the base of a tall cliff (About 50 feet high, as I recall). By clearing out the part against the cliff, we had a space that you couldn't see from outside. You had to push through the dense growth to get to it, but once there, you were invisible. Someone brought a shovel and began digging into the cliff face to make a cave. It became a tradition to bring digging tools along with your beers, and to add to the cave. Eventually, it was about 20 feet deep, and large enough to stand up in. We finally stopped digging because the boulders were becoming too large to shift easily.

You could build a fire in the cave without worrying about burning down the forest, but it would get really smoky if you did, so most people just brought flashlights. We stopped using it when some crazed homeless dude found it and moved in.

prospector Gene

A drainage ditch that lead to a creek that led to a lake. It was .. like an all-ages hangout. Or at least pre-teen to teen. It was about 20' below the road, but only like 30 feet away from it. I guess no one cared.

Maybe it was a culvert? You could access the sewer tunnels. FIrst time I smoked weed was with my sister and her older friends, I was like 12. I went home and ate two whole boxes of strawberry nutri-grain bars

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 8, 2024

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
I had a friend who's parents got divorced In HS. His dad moved to town, but his mom and her boyfriend kept the house in the country, and she was never there. That house also had a huge quonset that we built a hangout area/lovely skate park in. This was at the apex of Jackass being A Thing, so you can only imagine the poo poo we got up to in there with our collection of stolen construction signs, golf course flags, road cones, and whatever else we could find.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
The stoner hangout was the garage of one of our friend's mom's house. We had a mini fridge and SNES hooked up to a good sized TV, cheap patio furniture

There was a small kind of dingy arcade that opened up about two blocks from my house when I was in high school. They had a DDR machine that was only 50 cents for a round (a lot of places were asking 75c or a dollar) that my group of friends came to basically take over. it was the early 2000's, DDR was huge and we were obsessed. so the fact that this lovely arcade opened up in our quiet little city that had a machine that was both cheap and not widely known about was incredible at the time. We acted like we owned that machine to the point one of my friends learned how to maintain the pads and just started doing it when they were in need of attention because the arcade owner didn't give a gently caress. We were his most regular customers and we poured a lot of money into that DDR machine

We used to hike up to Bake Oven Knob a lot, it's an easy hike with a nice view at the end and I would be up there once or twice a month. sometimes at night for the amazing view of the stars

idk otherwise it was people's basements and bedrooms and such

oh there was an abandoned trestle going over the river between our city and the next. On our side of the river there were these sections of abandoned old canals along the shore, the stone walls almost completely covered in graffiti by the early 2000's when we discovered them. I feel like a lot of people in the northeast had an abandoned trestle they'd go sit on and smoke as a teenager

Revins fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 8, 2024

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

We hung out in a shady corner by the side of the library and played hacky sack.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

There was a quarry back in some woods where we would go at night. Bring some screwtop wine and our guitars. It was a very mellow place and we never got bothered, even though we parked in a church parking lot. Another place was the MIT Haystack observatory. Very quiet at night and sometimes you would see the enormous satellite dishes changing position.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

was it a granite quarry

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

My hometown had just gotten a McDonald's so kids would cruise there. And Rite-Aid. I don't really know why on Rite-Aid except it had a decent sized parking lot.

A lot of kids went (mud) boggin' on the weekends.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
My mom's basement, a grimy little spot with two couches and a big CRT TV, was the hangout spot for me and my buddies in high school. In retrospect I wish we'd gone to more house parties with other crews as we were mostly just sheltered stoner film nerds who never got laid but we smoked a lot of weed and ordered dial-a-bottle a few times, and they were always fun experiences.

The ritual was that buddies would show up, we'd pool our weed and the best of us would roll a couple of big joints. We'd head across the street to the ravine, walk off the road a bit down the hill and light up. Then we'd walk up the street to the Panzerotto Pizza franchise and order a couple of pies. Then over to the mothafuckin' BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO, where we'd usually rent something new and one or two other dumbass comedies we'd never seen. By the time we got our movies and maybe a bag of Clodhoppers, our pizzas were ready so we'd grab them and return to the basement where we'd chow down and watch the movies and I was usually the first person to pass out but we'd all end up awkwardly crashing all over each other on the couches.

We've tried over the years to recreate this experience to varied degrees of success. Sometimes we hit the nostalgia just right, others it falls short. Unfortunately I've had a falling out with at least one of these buddies and neither Blockbuster nor Panzerotto Pizza are still a thing around here, but the basement and ravine are still there so maybe if my folks are out ill invite a friend or two over there and we'll reminisce.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 9, 2024

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Worf posted:

was it a granite quarry

Sure was. Everything in New England is granite. Dunkin’ Donuts coffee is made from pulverized granite dust.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Where do I start?
We had a couple basements where friend's parents didn't care if we were drinking under age. In Ontario the drinking age is and was then, 19. We also at the time had a 5th year of highschool for those who wanted to go to university. For those of you who don't know, college and university in Canada are different. College is more like a community college, or maybe some of you Americastanians call it Junior college, you go for 2 years, maybe 3 and get a diploma. Mainly you have to just maintain a passing average. University is different, you go for 4 years for a bachelor's or longer for a master's and probably have to maintain a higher average or get booted out.
Occasionally people graduated after grade 12 and went back anyway for grade 13 or as we called it, the "Victory lap".

Anyway, the point was that because of that, some people were of legal drinking age in high school. My birthday is at the end of November so I wasn't old enough to drink even after I finished my victory lap.

But thats ok. I had plenty of access to weed and booze. I had an older brother who hooked me up, some friends who were old enough and knew lots of people to buy weed from.

But before we were old enough to drink there was a local pub around the corner from home that served us. One day my friend went in there with his parents, when he was 18(?) and ordered a beer. His parents didn't say poo poo and the waitress must have figured if his parents didn't say anything he must be old enough. We were regulars to begin with so over the next little while we all started drinking there.

Back in those days (late 90s), wings were only 10 cents and every week we would go for wing night on Wednesdays or Thursday, I forget. It got so we'd walk in and the waitress would start pouring a pitcher for us without even asking. We tipped good too. Stuff was cheap back then. a burger and fries was like 5-6 bucks or something, wings were cheap as noted and beers were probably about 2.75 - 3 bucks for a bottle, a pitcher was.... I'm not sure 7 or 8 bucks?
We tipped good which I'm sure helped. Individually it would probably work out to 10-12 bucks for dinner and a couple beers. The bill would come and everyone would toss in a 20 and nobody would want change so the waitress might get a 40 dollar tip on an 80-100 dollar bill. Or something like that. I don't recall exactly, but we tipped good. One of the bar tenders tried to card us once when we were probably 17 or so and we pretty much argued him in to submission.

This place was in a suburb of town that was kind of out of the way from the rest of the city, but after a while some friends from the city would come down and we;d all drink and then word got around to some other people from the neighborhood and soon enough people who were a grade below us were drinking there on weeknights, and weekends and whenever else. There were some local skids from town that would be there too, but it was a lot of highschool kids there and everyone kinda knew everyone. In a way it was sort of like the Emporium in Dazed and Confused but we couldn't bring our own booze. Except for a few times we did.
There were a few occasions when we'd go there, eat and drink, leave and go to the park to smoke weed, go back to eat and drink more, then leave, go smoke more weed and then come back a third time to eat and drink again. In fairness, though, when we came back o the bar subsequent times in the same night we'd have like 1 or 2 beers, we wouldn't get totally wasted every time.

There was a bunch of woods and a big ditch that the houses on my street backed on to and after wing night, a whole bunch of us would go to my friend's house who lived at the end of the street, we'd get a fire going in the back field smoke weed and probably drink some more and play a game of capture the flag. That was almost a weekly occurrence.
That was one of the other hangouts back then. The woods behind that friend's house. I've sat drinking and smoking weed around a fire ore times than I can count.

Thats all for now. Coming up in the not too distant future, Clifton Hill, Breast man and "the dogs".

Maybe some other dumb teenage poo poo too.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Smoking w33d and drinking 40s under overpasses and in parks as one does in East San Jose

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

drat we had so many spots and they’d get spoiled every drat time because my friends were all idiots. It would always start as a group of four or five of us would find a secluded spot and drink there. If it was chill we’d come back. Before long there would be multiple carloads of teenagers hanging out at what was once a secret spot without the good sense to not vandalize, litter, or steal poo poo. Cops knew our cars and no spot would last long. It got to where it was a much better time just hanging out at Dennys all night with the kids who didn’t care about alcohol.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Nooner posted:

Smoking w33d and drinking 40s under overpasses and in parks as one does in East San Jose

Holy smokes. We did the same thing, but upper class over in Cupertino. Sometimes there would be kids from other schools there already. Did we hang out ever?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"Throw the tire on the fire," he said, "I don't care if I get rubber on me. Least I'll be warm."

Down by the river, Saturday night....

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Earwicker posted:

when i was in high school i mostly hung out at a cafe in mountain view ca called bay city. it was right next to a tower records. there were a lot of goths and punks that hung out there and there was live music on the weekends. then sometime in the late 90's new owners bought the place, created a new dress code and fired anyone with piercings or dyed hair, installed a bunch of tv's, and promptly went out of business. now its a jersey mikes.

I remember that place, I didn’t go in there much but I hung out at the Tower all the time and was pretty much a rivethead/goth in the early-mid 90’s

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
The most teenager hangout memory I got is staying at a burgerking until they kicked us out at closing (Like 9 or 10 PM) and we were bored so we bought some worms from the live bait vending machine that was outside the beer store next door. We made no attempt to nor had any interest to buy beer, we just wanted to play with some worms. We dumped them in someone's garden when we were bored with holding the worms and we all called our parents to go home.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

was that the one time you went outside or something

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Pasketti posted:

The most teenager hangout memory I got is staying at a burgerking until they kicked us out at closing (Like 9 or 10 PM) and we were bored so we bought some worms from the live bait vending machine that was outside the beer store next door. We made no attempt to nor had any interest to buy beer, we just wanted to play with some worms. We dumped them in someone's garden when we were bored with holding the worms and we all called our parents to go home.

Hold on to your loving hat

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Never really had a hangout. We’d ride bikes around and kick over peoples garbage cans.

gently caress THE POLICE NEIGHBORS

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Never really had a hangout. We’d ride bikes around and kick over peoples garbage cans.

gently caress THE POLICE NEIGHBORS

Just tell everyone your neighbours were cops and no one is gonna judge you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

syntaxfunction posted:

Just tell everyone your neighbours were cops and no one is gonna judge you.

gently caress that. Tell your neighbors that you're cops and if they have the audacity to complain about the police kicking over their garbage cans just be all like "thin blue line sir/ma'am, thin blue line".

They'll understand.