Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Mouse
Mouse from Mouse Hunt (1997)
Mr. Jingles from The Green Mile (1999)
Stuart from Stuart Little (1999)
Mrs. Brisby from The Secret of NIMH (1982)
A mouse wearing a mouse-sized Goku wig
View Results

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
So there's this browser "MMO Platformer" that's basically Lemmings-but-everyone-controls-a-lemming and it has existed for over a decade now

Its even on Steam!

Transformice Wiki (useful for figuring out chat commands if nothing else)

For all but one of the players, the game is simple: Platform your way the best you can with keyboard controls to the cheese and scamper to the mouse hole.

One mouse, however, gets to be the "Shaman." They can use their powers to spawn objects and cast spells to "help" the other players get that freakin' cheddah:

what that "help" entails is up to the shaman.

Anyways the game is fun, free, and over the course of many years has been stuffed to the gills with enough maps and features to keep your attention for minutes at a time. As with many games, Transformice is much better with a group of goons who don't have maps memorized and have no clue what they're doing, so everyone is cordially-invited to pile into a goon room on Saturday, February 10, 7:00 PM Central Time to re-live those old memories of trolling each other by filling a small cube with players and launching them into the stratosphere with cannonballs.

Join up on The Goons VS Discord for more specific info and to post your tranformiest mice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Yesssss. I'm in.
I had a mouse named mrs. brisby so I voted for that.

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 8, 2024

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

who the gently caress is mrs. brisby?

best mouse is matthias

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Mrs. Brisby was such a good story. You had the scary owl, who actually helped her, and she really just wanted to help her kids.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
The Steam Transformice community artwork tab is totally not a repository of folk's mouse fursonas, no siree

also I wholeheartedly approve of this also turning into Secret of NIMH chat (the old rat ruled)

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

sorry gang i didnt realise don bluth changed her name

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
List of famous mouses: Martin the warrior

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Big Stewart

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

gonff prince of mousethieves. which implies theres an entire royal family of mousethieves

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
We are so back hell yeah Transformice.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Quick heads-up, I'll be doing a lil' test run of the goon-room around 6-7ish central tonight if anyone's down.

Some tips:

-You can wall-jump off some surfaces (chocolate(?) walls being the easiest) by quickly moving opposite of the wall and jumping while your mouse is falling (the downward velocity is necessary to "reset" your jump)

-You can also air-hop if you haven't jumped since you last touched the ground (use this to clear large gaps)

-Cheese weighs you down; this can screw you over in some maps

-If you click on the plus sign in the corner of the emote window you get access to some more gestures, including the "valentine" ones that are necessary for clearing some holiday maps(?)

-When you select an object to spawn as the shaman, you may also get the option to spawn it with anchors attached. Red anchors secure the object wherever you place it, yellow attaches to other objects, and blue acts like yellow except it freely-rotates at the joint (blue anchors can also be motorized, for peaceful purposes only I assure you). Pressing the anchor's hotkey will also change the location of the anchor on the spawned object if it's allowed. Lastly, you can opt to spawn an object as a ghost, which will allow mice to move through it but otherwise still has collision with everything else.

-As a shaman you can also hit F to bring up a little comms-wheel and place a message on the map, so you can inform everyone else that you have no clue what you're doing

-A skill-tree system was added at some point that unlocks more wacky, overpowered stuff shamans can use, but you can just ignore it

-Always be dancin'

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
Yes! I'm 100% in for Transformice!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
The reddit page for this game is exactly what I imagined it to be:

I've got tonight's room up right now if anyone wants to hop in early:

"Awful Goons"

password is "goon"

As always, feel free to hop into the discord: https://discord.gg/GUba7jPs

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
God this game kicked rear end back in the day. Glad it's still around.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
flash games are rad as hell. i still play on kongregate sometimes

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Holy poo poo I haven't thought about transformice in forever. I'll try to hop on after putting the youngun down

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
So, I'm logged in and I've clicked "Room List" and opened the pop-up window, but when I search Awful Goons - nothing shows up.

EDIT - oh, you have to type the word room before the room name, got it

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 11, 2024

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
yeah I think it's not showing up because it's a passworded room.

type "/room Awful Goons" to get to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Game's still goin' strong get your rat asses in here