Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Did this game get any better yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I mean it isn’t bad it just isn’t $60 good.

If it was $20 at best, or f2p like World of Warships it would be fine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It is getting better and the devs are responsive to players on Discord and Reddit. There’s still around 10 months of updates planned, but I worry about UBISoft abandoning the game after that.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Same. It has the bones, no pun intended, to be a good game. I am hoping for another No Man’s Sky Story but I like to dream.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
lol dead game on this forums anyway

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Yeah, I'm getting to the end of it I think, everything is unlocked, all the best stuff, nothing else to spend my Po8 on. The endgame is very shallow once you get a hold of it. Just a constant stream of sailing around picking up Po8, raiding convoys and turning helm materials into resources to sell to the faction leaders so you can continue funding your Po8 factories, ad infinitum.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
That’s the trouble. There’s nothing to do at the end when the Po8 is established, but sail in the same optimized pattern over and over with little to no challenge.

It seems the way things move, it’ll be a long time if/when they flesh out the endgame. I’d love to come back around after that time, but if there’s also to be a battle pass with a time limit that I know I won’t complete because I’m bored, then that’s the nail in the coffin for me. Missable content is wack, why can’t this game be more like Chivalry 2 or Helldivers 2 and have battle passes with no time limit? Shaking my drat head.

The sailing was fun but not fun enough to not get old, I can only listen to podcasts for so long.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
The game won’t be realized until you can have some sort of 3rd person fighting mechanic or boarding or something.

Raiding should be an instanced fight, timed dungeon crawl style with a macguffin you are trying to capture, 3rd person combat thing at least similar to what you said or maybe like For Honor. It doesn’t even have to have PvP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

dialhforhero posted:

The game won’t be realized until you can have some sort of 3rd person fighting mechanic or boarding or something.

Raiding should be an instanced fight, timed dungeon crawl style with a macguffin you are trying to capture, 3rd person combat thing at least similar to what you said or maybe like For Honor. It doesn’t even have to have PvP

Too bad Ubisoft didn't have a kind of template to work from, a game they could look to and think "yeah this is what we're trying to capture" to help guide them.