Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Looking back im feeling like the housewives/bravo people had no interest in actually finding any traitors and just prioritized keeping bravo people in as long as possible to maximize screen time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If I was Phaedra I would probably still be salty at Dan I think. Was it a game move? Yes. Was it a completely hopeless game move that single-handedly sank her game? Also yes, and I’d be pretty annoyed about that even as a gamer!

He clearly had a strategy: be super quiet but promise your shot will hit when you take it, then feed the crowd a traitor when they get too antsy. I don’t think it’s even a good strategy if the shot does land. Because then it’s like how the hell did this guy know that and how was he so sure and why did he come out with this exactly when he needed it? You’re eating your own and still are very suspicious!

But you’re never even going to get that far because either you give them someone like Parvati who they basically knew already so who cares, or your shot is going to fail, exactly like it did, because if everyone thinks it’s you they’re never gonna buy your sudden push in a third direction.

You really need 2 traitors going into the fire of truth because they’re going to need to catch one before they ever green bag it, or you need to be so secure you have a path to f2.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

STING 64 posted:

Looking back im feeling like the housewives/bravo people had no interest in actually finding any traitors and just prioritized keeping bravo people in as long as possible to maximize screen time

Yeah, it clear that they prioritized just keeping their friends.

But at the same time, it's also a good strategy to try and keep some traitors around if you can properly identify them, and them vote them out in the final episode.

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

Yeah I mean basically it's completely insane to play the game as intended. If you're sure someone is a traitor, it's better to keep them because otherwise they will likely be replaced by a new unknown. You're better off taking random shots at the round table, because you might accidentally get an unknown traitor. If you don't, then you're still getting rid of some other schmuck who's going to try to take a portion of your winnings.

I was also annoyed at some of the Danhate because both Parvati and Phaedra "knew" he was making a bad move with Bergie but refused to take any responsibility and outvote him. Dan's biggest mistake was not trying to set up a frame job on Phaedra ahead of time while acting as a faithful, imo.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

FlashFearless posted:

I was also annoyed at some of the Danhate because both Parvati and Phaedra "knew" he was making a bad move with Bergie but refused to take any responsibility and outvote him. Dan's biggest mistake was not trying to set up a frame job on Phaedra ahead of time while acting as a faithful, imo.

We never got a lot of clear deliberation with the traitors. It seemed like each week they decided who would be the one to choose who they eliminated, rather than voting, or coming to a consensus. That could have just been an editing issue though.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

STING 64 posted:

Yes, partly because their careers live and die on the screen time they get so they make the most of it for better or worse

And partly because after Sandra explained the metagame at the pool table there was even less reason to keep up the pretense of Traitor-hunting being the goal

When you misunderstand this game you end up with an alliance like Peter’s, lol

Edit: also I do think Kate might have still had a chance if she goes for Trishelle instead of Sheree, banishes Sandra. At the firepit votes to banish again and gets out CT to leave only the Bravos, and from there gets either MJ or Sheree to turn on the other.

mp5 fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 11, 2024

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Dan was comically bad at this, which was surprising from the best Big Brother player of all time.

"Hey Dan, you are being so quiet, it is getting a little suspicious. Who do you think could be a traitor?"
"Uhhh, what is a traitor? I don't know what a traitor is and if I did I wouldn't know who any traitors are. Why are you asking me? OK fine, I'll think about it and get back to you."

I still don't get what he was trying to accomplish. Trying to stay quietly in the background in a game like this is basically having a red neon sign pointing at you saying Traitor. Giving up Phaedra might have bought him a little time if he pulled that move 2 banishments earlier.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I think it was one level worse than that. Less "What's a traitor?" and more "guys I'm a master sleuth and I'm going to blow this game wide open....... tomorrow. Promise."

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
https://twitter.com/rodDiazTwine/status/1770184490884723187

Sandra got paid twice the amount as Trishelle to appear on the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
:lmao: Sandra just don't give a poo poo.