Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Problem description: When I boot my computer, it makes me choose between Windows 10 and Windows 11. If I choose 10, it can't boot successfully. I would like to remove the Windows 10 boot option. In my BIOS, it only shows one boot drive, a Western Digital M.2 NVMe drive. In Disk Management, this drive has 4 partitions - a 499 MB recovery partition, a 99 MB EFI system partition, a 930.29 GB NTFS partition (includes boot, page file, crash dump, and basic data partition), and a 640 MB recovery partition.

This issue may have started when I used Macrium Reflect to copy one drive's contents onto the NVMe drive when I got that. But that was at least two years ago, so I definitely can't rely on my memory there.

Attempted fixes: What have you tried to do to resolve the problem? I can't remember what I've tried in the past (last attempt was at least a year ago). I have checked for old Windows installations on this disk.

Recent changes: I replaced the motherboard, CPU, and RAM this week, but the problem (unsurprisingly) persisted through those changes.

--

Operating system: Windows 11 Education 22H2

System specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX V2
RAM: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB
Storage: 1 TB, Western Digital SN550 NVMe Samsung 250 GB 840 SATA SSD, 1 TB Samsung HDD.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Somehow in all my searching last year I never came across msconfig. That was an easy fix.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
It's all it's good for anymore. Maybe boot switches too.

Grats goon.