Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!
Problem description: A few months ago I was trying to find old software I used to play as a kid that was available for free and using some guides online on how to get it to play. If I remember correctly it would have been an ISO file for SimTown. In doing this, the way I attempted to play it was by mounting it to the D drive using a command prompt of some sort. I don't remember if it was a command prompt or Powershell. I was never able to get it to work so I ended up just deleting all the files related to it but now every time I boot up my computer it shows SimTown as being in my D drive. I eject it every time but each time I boot my computer its back again.

Attempted fixes: I tried googling how to undo it, I can't remember exactly which guide I used to teach me how to mount it in the first place. One way I attempted to fix it was by using the command prompt
code:
mountvol D: /P
but got the message "This volume does not support this operation. Dynamic volumes and removable volumes do not support this operation."

Recent changes: No recent changes other than my goof in the first place

--

Operating system: Windows 11 Home

System specs: ASUS ROG Strix GL10DH; AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.70 GHz; Installed Ram 32.0 GB; 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor; 475 GB HD

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Maybe autoruns could catch it.

Try it out, looking for any entries relevant to your issue.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
:cheers:

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!
I'm not seeing anything related to SimTown when I run the program and I tried filtering it as well. But thank you very much for the suggestion, I like this program.