Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBzSIOayRBQ&t=241s

Last week I decided to watch the Mission impossible films. They have been okay. Ghost protocol probably being the best so far The twist being that Ethan Hunt faked his wife's death so that she wouldn't be targeted by Serbians (for some reason?) but I noticed at the end it is kind of ambiguous on whether they are together following this? See timestamped video.

It looks as if Julia is with another man, Ethan and her catch eyes.

https://youtu.be/aBzSIOayRBQ?t=345

That is not the face of a man looking at his wife. The playful way she pushes her new man into the building, the look of shock initially on her face that turns to pride on seeing Ethan's approval. Then when he calls for her, she leaves Ethan instantly.

But that look of sadness on his face, good emoting from Tom Cruise, amazing really given what must be limited understanding of human emotions and experience.

These films are an insidious way to influence popular culture by the church of Scientology using the stardom of Tom C
ruise. I did find it funny that Dubai must have paid in blood money to feature in this film to encourage tourism and they then put in a sandstorm just to make it seem horrible.

I'm looking forward to watching the next one tomorrow, please no spoilers.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Where the hell did the prolific obsession with the idea of cucking come from and why the hell is it everywhere. Everything is cucking apparently. You get gamecucked, or cuckcucked, or maybe even chucklecucked. I can't even figure out when it started but out of nowhere it seemed like everyone on the internet was throwing it around.

Is it because places started throwing out bans for other bad words and this is the de facto replacement? Are people *really* into or against the idea of cuckholdry? I never would have thought this was a thing people would ever have strong feelings about. Maybe it's the whole alpha/beta/sigma/release candidate thing?

Either way, it's really weird how often it comes up, and I don't think I'll ever understand it, especially when it's used randomly to mean anything from "cockblocked", to "cheating", to "got beaten in a vidja game".

Cucking is a young man's game I suppose.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

syntaxfunction posted:

Where the hell did the prolific obsession with the idea of cucking come from and why the hell is it everywhere. Everything is cucking apparently. You get gamecucked, or cuckcucked, or maybe even chucklecucked. I can't even figure out when it started but out of nowhere it seemed like everyone on the internet was throwing it around.

Is it because places started throwing out bans for other bad words and this is the de facto replacement? Are people *really* into or against the idea of cuckholdry? I never would have thought this was a thing people would ever have strong feelings about. Maybe it's the whole alpha/beta/sigma/release candidate thing?

Either way, it's really weird how often it comes up, and I don't think I'll ever understand it, especially when it's used randomly to mean anything from "cockblocked", to "cheating", to "got beaten in a vidja game".

Half of it is incels having plenty of time and/or money on their hands and the other half is goons adopting anything and running it into the ground.

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010
What did you think of Tom Cruise in the Mission Impossible films?
Did you even watch the time stamped video?

afroserty fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 23, 2024

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Isn't she explicitly with another Man in Fallout, and they like, shake hands and high five each other?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

syntaxfunction posted:

its nerds op

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
In the next movie Tom Cruise is stabbed by Sephiroth and dies.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hotel rooms even have cuck chairs these days, it's ridiculous

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
By Jerry Renner?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

4chan op

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i would try figuring out tom cruise, he’s a weird little fucker, down that path madness and possibly death lies. just leave it alone

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Mission impossible 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are all great movies OP, not just “okay”.

7 is just okay and clearly suffered from filming during Covid. 2 is just bad.

Talorat posted:

Isn't she explicitly with another Man in Fallout, and they like, shake hands and high five each other?

Ethan not being with her because bad guys would use her to get to him is brought up in multiple movies and is a major plot point of Fallout, yeah. She’s explicitly remarried in Fallout.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

afroserty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBzSIOayRBQ&t=241s

Last week I decided to watch the Mission impossible films. They have been okay. Ghost protocol probably being the best so far The twist being that Ethan Hunt faked his wife's death so that she wouldn't be targeted by Serbians (for some reason?) but I noticed at the end it is kind of ambiguous on whether they are together following this? See timestamped video.

It looks as if Julia is with another man, Ethan and her catch eyes.

https://youtu.be/aBzSIOayRBQ?t=345

That is not the face of a man looking at his wife. The playful way she pushes her new man into the building, the look of shock initially on her face that turns to pride on seeing Ethan's approval. Then when he calls for her, she leaves Ethan instantly.

But that look of sadness on his face, good emoting from Tom Cruise, amazing really given what must be limited understanding of human emotions and experience.

These films are an insidious way to influence popular culture by the church of Scientology using the stardom of Tom C
ruise. I did find it funny that Dubai must have paid in blood money to feature in this film to encourage tourism and they then put in a sandstorm just to make it seem horrible.

LOL! This poo poo is epic

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lmao at the probe reAson.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

[after being brushed off by normal people following my insane explanation of a conspiracy theory]

did you even watch the timestamped video>???

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
I always thought cuckoldry was sitting and watching while somebody does your partner, but yeah now who knows.

If you're being cheated on but are unaware, are you cucked?

What if you find out and break up with her? That's like the opposite of cucked, right?

Understanding cuck is the real impossible mission.

Missionary impassable (until this other guy gets out of the way).

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Just sit in the sneako chair at your favorite hotel/motel/fuckshack

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.

BRJurgis posted:

I always thought cuckoldry was sitting and watching while somebody does your partner, but yeah now who knows.

What if you find out and break up with her? That's like the opposite of cucked, right?

I think it originally did mean being cheated on behind one's back, back before it became a fetish. Specifically, it referred to a husband whose wife was cheating on him, so the word has a kind of misogynistic history, because the "joke" was that a cuckold was a man who couldn't keep his wife under control. And then he would grow horns for some reason, I guess?
:eng101:

Apologies for the seriospost.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

syntaxfunction posted:

Sorry, you've been quotecucked.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

afroserty posted:

They will complete the impossible mission. Sorry for the spoiler buddy.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's been a while and i didn't watch the clip again but from what i recall ethan did this because he values his wife being alive more than he does being with her (as she would be a target and killed) so while he loves her she is also living a full and normal life which is more important to him

such are the sacrifices made by those who routinely save the world :911:

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

syntaxfunction posted:

Maybe it's the whole alpha/beta/sigma/release candidate thing?

RC Male: I just gotta shed this water weight and get a few more months of consistent scrotum tanning under my belt, then I'll finally be ready to open subscriptions to my very own life-coaching website!

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

BRJurgis posted:

What you're describing is a fetish thing. That has more to do with emotional masochism. Cuckold is a really old word and it's even used in the play Othello. Back then, it was more referring to someone you're married to cheating on you instead of just someone you're dating. But yeah, if you get cheated on in any way, you could say someone was cucked. Just dumping them after doesn't really matter.

It's so popular now because of toxic masculinity. If a woman chooses to cheat on you, then the idea is that there's something wrong with you. It's shorthand for being weak or inferior to other men.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!

syntaxfunction posted:

cucked by life into pieces

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010
I watched fallout tonight and yes I'm feeling pretty validated, all you cool guys getting really stuck on the word cuck is quite telling.

As you all know Ethan seems to find another love at the end, but I know he will push her to be with someone else by the next one.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Cyks posted:

Mission impossible 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are all great movies OP, not just “okay”.

7 is just okay and clearly suffered from filming during Covid. 2 is just bad.

OP clearly got cucked by John Woo and is now trying to ruin his good name

naem
May 29, 2011

much like in the James Bond movies, the hero guy has to have a New Hot Lady™️©️ in every movie and this one revisited a past lady and said, hey, how’s she doing? great it would seem.

it was kind of unique and refreshing to show them meeting up and showing they are both human beings and that a female character is more than a disposable love interest, especially since they are both older now

she’s got a nice husband and he’s been plowing 20 year olds nonstop for 70 years since they broke up and nobody hates each other

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

syntaxfunction posted:

Where the hell did the prolific obsession with the idea of cucking come from and why the hell is it everywhere. Everything is cucking apparently. You get gamecucked, or cuckcucked, or maybe even chucklecucked.

It's a funny sounding word. Try saying it out loud. Funny, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

There was an old photoshop thread where someone very lazily changed the cover of Gravity's Rainbow to Gravity's Rainbow Cuck. I'm pretty sure they were probated for it but it was the dumbest funniest poo poo.