Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

years ago when i first started lurking before buying an account i thought saying gently caress instead of gently caress etc was some kind of meme that goons were saying intentionally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I've never seen the oval office one which seems bizarre

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

given that this is a us centric/sjw adjacent website the c word is pretty rarely used

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
When I first registered I have to tell you I was shocked that people were actually using such crass language shame on you all.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've never seen the oval office one which seems bizarre
I thought it used to be stinkyhole.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

pencilhands posted:

years ago when i first started lurking before buying an account i thought saying gently caress instead of gently caress etc was some kind of meme that goons were saying intentionally

You aren't the only one, IIRC it was memified on Tumblr and such, from those Dangan Ronpa fans who hated the paywall and also thought 'gently caress' was sincere

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Car Hater posted:

finger -> fingat

yeah

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

given that this is a us centric/sjw adjacent website the c word is pretty rarely used

Lol

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pencilhands posted:

Get his rear end sheriff

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dixville posted:

I thought it used to be stinkyhole.

Right?!

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

of to have. Finally get those jerks that say poo poo like "I should of gone to the store" sorted out

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Ecclesiastes -> Timothy II

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

who the hell is using Ecclesiastes in conversation enough to merit a word filter

and why haven't I seen their posts

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

filter spaces to the clapping hands emoji

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Hot Dog -> BLT
Taco -> Reuben

I want to make it so that all of the inevitable goon derails about what is a sandwich are even more inscrutable to outsiders

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I made a stupid greasemonkey script for people who want to only ever have a very intense version of the filter, logged in or not.

It applies to everything on this stupid website, not just posts. I just cribbed the list that XYZAB made.

https://pastes.io/lfldm8l4ie

Big Mac fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 27, 2024

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

god I can hardly stand to use the site like this

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"boobs" should filter to "boots"

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

StoryTime posted:

PHP code:
foreach($BAD_WORDS_MAP as $badword => $goodword) {
		$badword = "/\b{$badword}\b/i";
		$out[$badword] = $goodword; 
}
This part makes it case insensitive with the regex flag 'i'.

:hellyeah: :911:

“succumbed” => “succ’d and cumb’d”

e:

Big Mac posted:

I made a stupid greasemonkey script for people who want to only ever have a very intense version of the filter, logged in or not.

It applies to everything on this stupid website, not just posts. I just cribbed the list that XYZAB made.

https://pastes.io/lfldm8l4ie

don’t thank me i can’t take credit for anything, i just quoted StoryTime. happy to help supplying bullshit for the filter though :tipshat:

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 27, 2024

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hey could we have the option to turn the word filter on and off and still post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saalkin -> big smelly turdman