Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
415 unread emails on gmail and another 148 on iCloud. I was at inbox zero six months ago. how did this happen? how do I fix it??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

415 unread emails on gmail and another 148 on iCloud. I was at inbox zero six months ago. how did this happen? how do I fix it??

"mark all read," hth

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Branch Nvidian posted:

"mark all read," hth

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

First thing I do when I get back from vacation tbh. I figure anything important will get a follow-up

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

oh my work email is up to 1477 but I sorta use it differently

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

oh my work email is up to 1477 but I sorta use it differently

op you gotta clear that before you get 11 more emails

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

*patting inbox with 872 unread emails badge* it gets a little harder to keep em off as you get older i suppose

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
drat op you live like this?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
every now and then i get a glimpse of my wifes gmail and its like "38k Unread Messages" and eugh

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

drat rotors wife you live like this?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotor posted:

every now and then i get a glimpse of my wifes gmail and its like "38k Unread Messages" and eugh

glancing over at the red notification badge on my wife's iphone's email app and saying 'wow youve really let yourself go' and promptly getting thrown out of the house like jazzy jeff

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

post hole digger posted:

glancing over at the red notification badge on my wife's iphone's email app and saying 'wow youve really let yourself go' and promptly getting thrown out of the house like jazzy jeff

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

part of my problem is I let a good deal of notifications come to my inbox so I can get notified as they come in. but a lot of them I just need to see the title. so I leave them unread. I’ve been lazy about deleting them lately

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I feel like my life is out of control when I have like 12 unread emails

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i used to be pretty good about email hygiene when gmail was my personal email provider but since i quit google cos gently caress em it’s a lot harder to keep on top of poo poo. gmail is better at tagging poo poo and having good search makes it way easier to manage

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

that’s deece, i’m only at 19.5k or so

checking emails is BORINg god

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

git apologist posted:

i used to be pretty good about email hygiene when gmail was my personal email provider but since i quit google cos gently caress em it’s a lot harder to keep on top of poo poo. gmail is better at tagging poo poo and having good search makes it way easier to manage

gmails search is garbage

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

gmails search is garbage

what is better

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
outlook’s search is shockingly bad

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

outlook’s search is shockingly bad

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i set up some new filters this week, did a big 'mark as read' then moved everything to the archive.

felt good to hit inbox zero

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i get under 200 a couple times a year, it's exciting

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

outhole surfer posted:

felt good to hit inbox zero

it's even better to set fire to your mail server and hit inbox nero

based64
Feb 15, 2024

:question:

based64 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 8, 2024

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

git apologist posted:

what is better

no idea but it isn’t smart enough to do partial completion searches or handle even one character off misspellings

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

oh yeah, let me remember verbatim what this dude who i last emailed in 2012 is named.

wait, he signed his email with his nickname and his email address only has portions of his first and last name

no results

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

ok i should have used yospos approved language, gmail has the least bad search

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
jizzmail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004