Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Internetjack posted:

I was in line at a credit union and the guy in front of me was cashing in his saved up change. Those canvas bags, filled to the brim; a bunch of them. It came out to $3500. They had to bring another employee off the drive-through just to help sort it all. They diverted all other customers to other lines. He and his wife saved all their spare change and when they had enough they would take a nice vacation.

Good time to rob the Credit Union IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Grey Cat posted:

Walking/standing on the balls of my feet.

:same: between that and running up two flights of stairs, taking them two at a time to get away from my brothers who were always trying to beat my rear end when I was younger, my calves are muscular as hell

redshirt posted:

I use my feet like hands, like some monkey man.

Also :same: I think I inherited that from my mom.

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010
if i'm standing still for more than 30sec, before i start moving again my right foot does this sorta sideways kick to my left foot and then i start walking like a normal human. i have literally no idea why i do this or when it started, it's just... a dumb arbitrary poo poo i've been doing forever

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I tip, I always tip, and I'm a really generous tipper, but I hate the server seeing me tip. I wait until they're distracted, or their back is turned, or whatever, to shove money into the tip thing. I don't know why, I guess I worry they'll see me tip (which is kindasorta "optional") and either get angry with me for tipping too little, or saying something awkward because I tipped too much, or just acknowledging it at all. I don't want a "thank you." I don't want it acknowledged. I don't want it seen.

edit: uh oh I just realized I have red text now

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

credburn posted:

I tip, I always tip, and I'm a really generous tipper, but I hate the server seeing me tip. I wait until they're distracted, or their back is turned, or whatever, to shove money into the tip thing. I don't know why, I guess I worry they'll see me tip (which is kindasorta "optional") and either get angry with me for tipping too little, or saying something awkward because I tipped too much, or just acknowledging it at all. I don't want a "thank you." I don't want it acknowledged. I don't want it seen.

May I recommend "Pocket sand" or "Pocket Razzle Dazzle" if you can afford it.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

Grey Cat posted:

Yeah I have a bunch squirreled away, they're only worth holding onto if it's some rare print worth money to a collector which is pretty unlikely most people have one like that.
I stopped spending them because I've had kids ask for the manager to check the bill because they never see them. Doomed to forever live in the money jar.

They're useful if you're going places with valet service a lot, the rich folk around here like to keep $2 bills around to tip the valet service.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I lift my pinky when I drink from a glass. I dunno, I just seem to get a better grip when I tilt my hand with my pinky out.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Das Boo posted:

I lift my pinky when I drink from a glass. I dunno, I just seem to get a better grip when I tilt my hand with my pinky out.

So classy

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

redshirt posted:

So classy

I am 100% sure this habit has made someone judge me harshly.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Das Boo posted:

I am 100% sure this habit has made someone judge me harshly.

To heck with them if so.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Bollock Monkey posted:

I am intrigued by how your hands work. Absolutely don't need ring finger extended for thumb-index-middle 3 sign, and absolutely do need to hold down pinkie for index-middle-ring.

Admit it, you just want to see some photos of my hands.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I heard from a pretty reliable source once upon a time that our musculature makes the pinky-out position almost the default. Are you consciously moving your pinky into that position, or does it happen automatically, such that you have to willfully curl it in?

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

I also pinky out, but that's mostly due to having hosed up crooked pinkies and they don't bend as nicely as normal fingers

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Hirayuki posted:

I heard from a pretty reliable source once upon a time that our musculature makes the pinky-out position almost the default. Are you consciously moving your pinky into that position, or does it happen automatically, such that you have to willfully curl it in?

Auto. I only noticed when someone pointed it out and when I tried it down, it felt unnatural. Like it diminishes the grip between my thumb, index, and middle fingers.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

~Coxy posted:

Admit it, you just want to see some photos of my hands.

I made a video of my normal hands but lost the will to upload it somewhere embeddable.

iNerdGirl
Feb 16, 2019

Just a regular girl, living in a coding world
Everything that has a number on it, HAS to be even. No odd numbers on my stereo

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I have to beat off every day no matter what even if i just had sex.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

If I get fries or onion rings as a side dish I have to eat exactly one before I start eating the main dish.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

iNerdGirl posted:

For me if there is a value set to a scale of like 1 to 100, the value cannot ever be in multiples of 5. I will leave the room if you set the volume to 25 or 30 or 35 or whatever.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

iNerdGirl posted:

credburn posted:

For me if there is a value set to a scale of like 1 to 100, the value cannot ever be in multiples of 5. I will leave the room if you set the volume to 25 or 30 or 35 or whatever.

Mine is a delightful fusion of both of yours - the numbers must be even or divisible by five.

That’s forty possible values between the three of us!

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I was a daily runner, I would for about an hour to get around 15km. Then I got a foot injury which stopped me running so I bought a rowing machine. I arbitrarily decided that I should replace my one hour runs with one hour rowing sessions. I took me a while to build up to that level and I've been doing it now for about 18 months, and running sometimes as my foot got better. Several people have told me that 1 hour sessions on a rower is a weird thing to do, and I have crazy callouses on my hands, but I'm used to it now. I will say it's a very different feeling to a one hour run

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

EoinCannon posted:

I was a daily runner, I would for about an hour to get around 15km. Then I got a foot injury which stopped me running so I bought a rowing machine. I arbitrarily decided that I should replace my one hour runs with one hour rowing sessions. I took me a while to build up to that level and I've been doing it now for about 18 months, and running sometimes as my foot got better. Several people have told me that 1 hour sessions on a rower is a weird thing to do, and I have crazy callouses on my hands, but I'm used to it now. I will say it's a very different feeling to a one hour run

It's way more boring, right?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

It's way more boring, right?

Yes, I run without headphones but on the rower I have to have podcasts or music.
I tried it without any audio once or twice and it's brutal.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My reoccurring shower thought is imagining how long it would take to clean myself up if I had been homeless for a long time, just completely caked in my own rancid filth. I imagine that I’d probably have to let my toenails completely grow out, they would be so bad. And so on.

Don’t know why, but that thought pops in my head every once in a while.

I usually smell good I swear

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I pull exactly three squares of toilet paper off the roll at a time. If I pull more than three I remove the excess and set it aside to be combined with any other failed pulls until I get another three squares.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

iNerdGirl posted:

Same. I've started forcing odds on myself to try and break the habit. Prime numbers still irritate me too much, though. One step at a time!

Another one: If there's a vegetable I don't like, I explore all manner of recipe until I find something I can work with. Then I eat it 'til I like it. VEGETABLES WILL NOT DEFEAT ME.

Current project is beets, which I can stand in a vinegar-based coleslaw. Otherwise they taste like a very rich, fresh dirt.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Whenever I poop in a public restroom i have to tear off the end of the toilet paper and throw it away before wiping because its touched the other persons butthole through the transitive property

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

pencilhands posted:

Whenever I poop in a public restroom i have to tear off the end of the toilet paper and throw it away before wiping because its touched the other persons butthole through the transitive property
also flush once or twice before using it yourself

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Das Boo posted:

I tend to place my pinky on the bottom of the glass I'm drinking from to sort of "support" it.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

iNerdGirl posted:

I'm like that with TV volume for example, but not extremely so with other things.
Maybe when I shoot up with insulin though.
It always has to be: 12, 18, 26 etc OR divisible by 5. 15, 25 10 etc... exceptions, bear the end of a vial if there's like 17 units left I'll just shoot that because gently caress it. Yolo and all that poo poo

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Bollock Monkey posted:

I am intrigued by how your hands work. Absolutely don't need ring finger extended for thumb-index-middle 3 sign, and absolutely do need to hold down pinkie for index-middle-ring.

You can't do this?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mr.Acula posted:

I have to beat off every day no matter what even if i just had sex.

I have to :shlick: at least once every other day, whether or not I'm in the mood. It's like clit exercise or something.

bossy lady posted:

If I get fries or onion rings as a side dish I have to eat exactly one before I start eating the main dish.

I'm kind of the opposite -- if I get a side of finger food, I have to eat at least one AFTER I eat the main dish. Also, I have to have at least one sip of whatever beverage I have after the last appetizer piece.

Blue Moonlight posted:

Mine is a delightful fusion of both of yours - the numbers must be even or divisible by five.

Das Boo posted:

Same. I've started forcing odds on myself to try and break the habit.

I was like Blue Moonlight once upon a time, but then I broke the habit while edible-high and it doesn't seem as urgent to me anymore. I've watched television on 7 volume on multiple occasions now! Moral of the story: weed solves every problem. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

You can't do this?

Working on it