Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

buc-ee's has a nice selection of quality jerkys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Bro Dad posted:

buc-ee's has a nice selection of quality jerkys

Last time I was at the one in Florence I decided to try a bag of their cherry maple, instead of my usual sweet and spicy or steakhouse.

It’s good at first then it has a NASTY aftertaste.

But yeah if you haven’t been initiated into the buc-ees cult it’s a pretty solid place to get good jerky

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Chewin’ some old trapper right now.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I think his name was Henry.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Hazo posted:

Last time I was at the one in Florence I decided to try a bag of their cherry maple, instead of my usual sweet and spicy or steakhouse.

It’s good at first then it has a NASTY aftertaste.

But yeah if you haven’t been initiated into the buc-ees cult it’s a pretty solid place to get good jerky

I like their jalapeno honey, it starts off sweet then slowly becomes spicy

also it seems like you get much more/better quality just getting it at the counter instead of the bagged varieties

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Lol

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I ordered jerky from that goon that had a jerky thread in SAMart that the quoted image is probably from once and it actually was really good

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
It's crazy that every single answer in this thread has been wrong - until now.

OP, if you've never had the kind of beef jerky that was made in a Ronco food dehydrator in your friend's basement at 2 AM when you're stoned out of your mind, you haven't had the best beef jerky.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

marinated it for 48 hours this time and cooked for like 9 hours at 170

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
^^^^^

That's whassup

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Just looked around at Food Lion for the most ridiculous grocery brand per-pound price I could find and lmao

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I jerked it with some Old Trapper two days ago and it was amazing. Teriyaki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
i like kings platinum wagyu jerky (took my fatty jerky virginity) but someone had a worse time than me!!:

1.0 out of 5 stars covered in mould
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 December 2023
normally love this stuff and buy a lot of it, but the last batch I had, I opened a pac while watching TV and ate a piece without looking, it was rank, horid, I looked in the package and saw it was all covered in mold, I smelt it, it stank and now I could not get the vile tast from my mouth, hope i don't become ill from the piece I had.