Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Vegetable posted:

De Niro might be the most overrated actor of all time. Dude was just lucky to be in some good movies.

played the same character in all of 'em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vegetable posted:

De Niro might be the most overrated actor of all time. Dude was just lucky to be in some good movies.

nah

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
He's indispensably good in about six films, and gives a solid performance in another six or so. The other fifty or sixty movies, eh.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

at least he didnt do a fuckin' dunkaccino commercial in an adam sandler movie

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
we ALL feel like that ALL the time calm the gently caress down guy from the movie

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Konar posted:

we ALL feel like that ALL the time calm the gently caress down guy from the movie

now i know you're talking about First Reformed

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

You should check out the spinoff series Everybody Loves Raymond. Really fleshes out Peter Boyle's character

Also the Taxi Driver cinematic universe prequel, Joe

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Peter Boyle ruled

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Extra Large Marge posted:

Peter Boyle ruled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ql9MRupgs

Because you're a fan, I'm just going recommend The Friends of Eddie Coyle too

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
It all worked out okay for him in the end. He got a job with the CIA, and his daughter married Ben Stiller.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Travis survived

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
he is terrrible at crying because hes a big bag of tiz

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Vegetable posted:

This is crazy talk. De Niro is rated fine. It's Pacino who's overrated.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

What about when he was blind and giving all kinds of advice and driving a ferrari when he was blind-ded, and he was like Boo-arr we say boo-arr.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it’s because scorcese has to have constant dialogue, every second of his movies must have an italian american cracking wise

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Mister Speaker posted:

This is crazy talk. De Niro is rated fine. It's Pacino who's overrated.

pacino is terrible lol

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

a bunch of actors seem really terrible at actually acting yet are revered? like natalie portman doesn’t really seem to bring a lot. john malkovich always just plays john malkovich who isn’t that likable to begin with. pacino can just yell and coast on serpico, godfather, and carlitos way. etc

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

git apologist posted:

a bunch of actors seem really terrible at actually acting yet are revered? like natalie portman doesn’t really seem to bring a lot. john malkovich always just plays john malkovich who isn’t that likable to begin with. pacino can just yell and coast on serpico, godfather, and carlitos way. etc

say hello to my lil fren :blastu:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI5vEevmbvQ&list=PLvHN_1Tl9V3uxK7-fXrgmbfeCWqZ6Herc

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
al pacino is to dramatic acting what jim carrey is to comedic acting, it's as simple as that you ffffuckin cock-a-roaches

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

There was a planned Walkin/Talkin cinematic universe where Dustin Hoffman slaps the hood of his taxi and says, "I'm wawkin heah!" and then Al Pacino says his famous line and its a huge payoff.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
There's so many big name actors like that, that just act like themselves (at least in later movies, maybe they had something more in earlier movies).

The folks who actually change for different roles are by far the exception.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

redshirt posted:

There's so many big name actors like that, that just act like themselves (at least in later movies, maybe they had something more in earlier movies).

The folks who actually change for different roles are by far the exception.

Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt have made careers of playing the same character in every movie.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt have made careers of playing the same character in every movie.

I'll disagree there slightly. Pitt has some range IMO, and Cruise has shown he can act, even after being a big star (thinking of Collateral).

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

tom cruise running super cut

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Joo betta make a moove mang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

git apologist posted:

pacino is terrible lol

Legit won the Oscar for loving scent of the woman