Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The only good thing that came from it existing was that actual good mole (1,2) and okay mole (3,4) (5 is alright I guess, I don't remember it) was on Netflix for awhile so now better copies are floating around the internet (well like a teeny part of the internet). Why isn't it still on Netflix? Lol gently caress you. Anyway here are some of the reasons Netflix's The Mole sucks.

They failed to nostalgia right. Different music, different logo, different color. It's suppose to be green you idiots.
The contestants get that they want people to think that they're the mole but they seem to fail to care to put money in the pot. Kind of breaks the game when everyone is sabotaging constantly.
The challenges aren't good.
The challenges are clearly designed so that nobody ever makes money.
Even the challenge I thought was a give me had them gently caress it up.
LOL at the challenge where the whole pot could be "gambled" for an immunity
Contestants are in a competition to win most ridiculous reason to be suspicious of someone.
Episodes do not end with someone losing. Lol that's such basic poo poo gently caress you Netflix.

Also just in case you think The Traitors sounds like The Mole and could be fun, it's also poo poo. I got through one episode (UK version) and stopped.

edit: The music sucks too, it's not just because it's different.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Duck and Cover posted:

The only good thing that came from it existing was that actual good mole (1,2) and okay mole (3,4) (5 is alright I guess, I don't remember it) was on Netflix for awhile so now better copies are floating around the internet (well like a teeny part of the internet). Why isn't it still on Netflix? Lol gently caress you. Anyway here are some of the reasons Netflix's The Mole sucks.

They failed to nostalgia right. Different music, different logo, different color. It's suppose to be green you idiots.
The contestants get that they want people to think that they're the mole but they seem to fail to care to put money in the pot. Kind of breaks the game when everyone is sabotaging constantly.
The challenges aren't good.
The challenges are clearly designed so that nobody ever makes money.
Even the challenge I thought was a give me had them gently caress it up.
LOL at the challenge where the whole pot could be "gambled" for an immunity
Contestants are in a competition to win most ridiculous reason to be suspicious of someone.
Episodes do not end with someone losing. Lol that's such basic poo poo gently caress you Netflix.

Also just in case you think The Traitors sounds like The Mole and could be fun, it's also poo poo. I got through one episode (UK version) and stopped.

Just watched that show and you're 100% correct.

Especially the part about the bullshit reasons the candidates made up why somebody could be the mole. Literally, 'I saw her sneezing twice in a row; only a mole would do that!' level.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

UK Traitors was ok, it's mainly fun because people like talking about it so it gives you something to discuss with people you don't know very well. It'd be made a lot better if the traitors actually had to do something like sabotage the bonus events, as it is it's just people guessing about almost nothing and is a bit aggravating

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Mole sauce owns

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Bring back Anderson Cooper.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

UK Traitors was ok, it's mainly fun because people like talking about it so it gives you something to discuss with people you don't know very well. It'd be made a lot better if the traitors actually had to do something like sabotage the bonus events, as it is it's just people guessing about almost nothing and is a bit aggravating

This is a nice but there's 5 US Mole seasons and I think 2 of UK Mole. The Australian mole is cheap feeling and the copy I had when I tried to watch it looked bad so I didn't get past the first episode. There's also like 24 seasons of the Dutch Mole. Which even if it hasn't been translated to english (brief search shows it on youtube). Lol imagine talking to somebody about a bad show when you could be watching a good show. Yes I know my first post is talking to people about a bad show but that's more of a warning than actually suggesting anybody watches it.

Platystemon posted:

Bring back Anderson Cooper.

Best host.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 2, 2024

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Can you imagine being such a loser as to have never watched The Mole?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
There's only one Mole who matters

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Son of Rodney posted:

Mole sauce owns

Topos asados en mole.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Very sus.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
This thread is blocked at my work.

Is this thread itself a mole to distribute a virus? :ohdear:

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Duck and Cover posted:

I mean even season 2 of the good mole kind of had that problem. (Or it did, from my recollection of a show I watched over 20 years ago)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

big shtick energy posted:

I mean even season 2 of the good mole kind of had that problem. (Or it did, from my recollection of a show I watched over 20 years ago)

It might have but not nearly on the level of Netflix version.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

You've all had plenty of time to watch Anderson Coopers goodness.

baja gaijin
Jan 30, 2024

does anyone know where to watch season 5 of the mole because it has disappeared off the face of the earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

baja gaijin posted:

does anyone know where to watch season 5 of the mole because it has disappeared off the face of the earth

Youtube.