Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Let's see 'em.

Mastodon always have incredible album covers that really look like the albums sound. Once More 'Round the Sun isn't my favourite album of theirs by a longshot, but it's got my favourite artwork.

The Chemical Brothers too, always have really groovy artwork that tends to have a similar art style and 'psychedelic' feel, also not unlike their music.

Obligatory. Like my father before me, I have rolled many joints on this LP cover.

This one is just funny. BLS were a two-album instrumental prog rock supergroup, like a way more freeform and soulful Liquid Tension Experiment. I thought they looked so badass as a kid, and the album absolutely goes hard, but now I see it and just think (right to left) "Gary Oldman, some kind of anime villain, firearms safety instructor."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I always had a deep appreciation for this album cover

Version B

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

It's a lake. On the Moon.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Click ^ for the best drone metal you'll ever hear in your life.

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 21:06 on Mar 12, 2024

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Comedy option:
Mindless Self Indulgence - "Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy"

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Comedy option:
Mindless Self Indulgence - "Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy"

It's a huge bummer that Jimmy Urine turned out to be a creep (but maybe the least surprising revelation ever), but this album still BANGS. I listen to it on my walk to work sometimes and it always makes me laugh.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Mister Speaker posted:

It's a huge bummer that Jimmy Urine turned out to be a creep (but maybe the least surprising revelation ever), but this album still BANGS. I listen to it on my walk to work sometimes and it always makes me laugh.

He asked me my name at a show once, and when I told him, he said that it was a great name for a loser.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

The Mighty Moltres posted:

He asked me my name at a show once, and when I told him, he said that it was a great name for a loser.

That's pretty cool.

In a similar vein to the MSI album, these cartoony characters always made me laugh:

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017
Gary Numan comes from another technological dimension to blow your mind

b mad at me has a new favorite as of 07:34 on Mar 14, 2024

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Could pick a lot from the designers republic, but I’ve always liked this package. The lettering is printed on the cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Pantera's Metal Magic has a special place in my heart as far as goofy album art goes:

Actually metal albums in general fall into either cool or funny pretty easily; metal.txt on twitter does a thread annually:

https://twitter.com/metaltxt/status/1765081367371784500?t=iCMkM6BhwWkngRmHDW1LsA&s=19