Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
do turks just butter everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Zedhe Khoja posted:

when im not eating gruel my preferred way of eating simit (closest thing to a bagel i can get at a turkish breakfast) is with kaymak and honey or a bergamot jam

s'good

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ohtori Akio posted:

a people born on the mare's teat would never do anything less

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Ohtori Akio posted:

jealous?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfM3DUMaPbA&t=175s

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

my arteries are not prepared for the turkish lifestyle

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

DaysBefore posted:

I am out of bagels

one sentence horror story

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

MassTran posted:

I like to put fruit preserves on top of my bagels with cream cheese

St Dalfour is the best preserves I've had so far, so good with cream cheese

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

i say swears online posted:

my favorite jam is habanero. it's pretty subtle if you make it right but it takes an absolute shitload of peppers to make enough to hand jars out to friends. nothing better on buttered toast though

one time I made habanero peach jam and got on the phone and forgot about it and it set off a smoke bomb
It was still really tasty though

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Zedhe Khoja posted:

when im not eating gruel my preferred way of eating simit (closest thing to a bagel i can get at a turkish breakfast) is with kaymak and honey or a bergamot jam

s'good

i've been waiting decades to say this

'atta turk!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
No bagel today. Too full still

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Ohtori Akio posted:

they withheld my ice cream for so long and in such varied ways i had a stroke because of my seething rage. if they do that to another american, they can expect an invasion

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

MadSparkle posted:

St Dalfour is the best preserves I've had so far, so good with cream cheese

I've found the French make great preserves in general, I always grab a brand from there

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

yeah st. dalfour and bonne maman are both great brands

Sherbert Hoover posted:

carrot cake jam, what is this northern wizardry

it's a pretty popular home canning recipe from Ball with carrots, pears, pineapple and spices https://www.ballmasonjars.com/blog?cid=carrot-cake-jam

it's good if you get the itch for canning in winter

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Crusty Nutsack posted:

yeah st. dalfour and bonne maman are both great brands

it's a pretty popular home canning recipe from Ball with carrots, pears, pineapple and spices https://www.ballmasonjars.com/blog?cid=carrot-cake-jam

it's good if you get the itch for canning in winter

this looks win. concept of recanning is new to me but makes sense

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Ohtori Akio posted:

this looks win. concept of recanning is new to me but makes sense

I think the idea is that canned pineapple is a consistent product, including the pH, presumably.

also some recipes for this jam include raisins and I like that cause I'm an old lady

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

yesterday i paid $18.70 for a bagel and a small cappuccino

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

bageled again today

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
got jalapeno cheddar bagels and "mexican" cream cheese yesterday. along with more ordinary bagels and scallion cream cheese.

not super impressed with The Bagel Place; it isn't awful but it's my 4th favorite of the 4 bagel places I've tried in Burlington ( Feldman's > Myers > Other place on main st right out of town that isn't The Bagel Place).

Mar 28, 2024
today's menu:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zedhe Khoja posted:

s'good

Looks delicious OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my bagel spot of choice near me closed recently bc their landlord raised their rent. Still shopping around trying to find a new spot and feel fairly dislocated. Sucks.

my favorite combo is definitely an everything + cream cheese + lox..delectable. but salmon prices have also been skyrocketing the last few years

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
it's gotta be scallion cream cheese in my view

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't really gently caress with flavored cream cheeses. Never have.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
to me it's like a topping if it actually stayed on the bagel. also i can't have the lox so a little extra flavor works for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Not currently eating a bagel with cream cheese... got something else on the go. But I sure could go for one instead/while I wait

I like a poppyseed bagel, toasted with sundried tomato cream cheese. But really, whatever's available. I won't shy away from a classic NY or an "everything" bagel