Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.military.com/off-duty/2024/03/20/beloved-air-force-chief-behind-aafes-hot-dog-guy-meme-has-died.html%3famp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KoXt9pZLGM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

no ... no!

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

death i sgood

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hijacking the thread i went to a wedding over the weekend and the bride and groom did their first dance to Brooks & Dunn's "Neon Moon"

it's one of the most beautiful songs ever written but it's also about a traumatic break of a relationship. i think it's inappropriate but also Their Decision so i'm mum

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i say swears online posted:

hijacking the thread i went to a wedding over the weekend and the bride and groom did their first dance to Brooks & Dunn's "Neon Moon"

it's one of the most beautiful songs ever written but it's also about a traumatic break of a relationship. i think it's inappropriate but also Their Decision so i'm mum
at least they weren't playing pumped up kicks......... i dont think there's ever been a more inappropriate song that went mainstream in wildly unappropriate situations

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You

lol literally one of the only country songs i actually like

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

at least they weren't playing pumped up kicks......... i dont think there's ever been a more inappropriate song that went mainstream in wildly unappropriate situations

pumped-up kicks is firmly out of the wedding canon in my neck of the woods afaik

Buddykins posted:

lol literally one of the only country songs i actually like

it loving rules, 10/10 song. it just couldn't be played at a more inappropriate time imo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if Neon Moon wasn't so sad maybe it could be a poly anthem

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

I went to one where both Tame Impala's "The Less I know the Better" and Elliot Smith's "Somebody that I used to know" were used during the ceremony for wedding party going down the aisle/post vows celebration.
tbf they only used the initial bass riff and very little of the Smith, but those both feel very inappropriate imo

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

drat, gonna have to fire up some Nathan's for lunch in his honor.

Am I misremembering things, or was there some kind of rivalry in GiP between Sgt. Chowdown and another figure?

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Nobody ever listens to lyrics except freaks like us

Y'all don't wanna hear me, you just wanna dance

OH OH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Xaris posted:

Unironically had a girl on the planning group for one of our high school dances suggest this. It ruled