Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the Holminster Switch is a superb first dungeon and it's a really interesting momentum switch. We've seen just how horribly hosed things are, but now we can fight it! Once again it's the game making the player feel empowered and like they have a good amount of agency in the world, even as they follow a set path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I really, really love the lyrics to Tomorrow and Tomorrow. It makes every time I return to the Crystarium and hear it a joy. I think it really gives more and more the more of the story I played.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

ProfessorCirno posted:

As I understand, the desired timeline was: We set poo poo up in both worlds, and right as poo poo in the First starts to boil, we slam on the Elf Pope. And then we, uh, murdered the Elf Pope, which meant all that Light Aether did not go into the Source, it stayed in the First. And started to rage out of control. Which means, when Elidibus and Ardbert showed up, the ascians had hosed up real bad, and had (potentially) broken another shard. By sending Minfilia to the First, you did save the Shard...but in turn, you threatened the entire Source by re-arming the Ascians. And now you're seeing how that potentially pays off.
Yep, that's exactly my understanding too. It also means that, for all of Thordan's posturing about supposedly outplaying the Ascians by seizing power for himself, he'd actually been doing exactly what they wanted the whole time. He thought their goal was to manipulate him to use his Primal form to do something they wanted, when all along the Primal form wasn't simply the means to some nebulous end but their real goal in and of itself. As soon as Thordan feasted on the Warring Triad, the Ascians would have won regardless of what Thordan did next.