Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blurred

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
Sorry, just pulling your leg. This thread is really about §4980C of the US tax code:

Questions for discussion:

• Is $100 a reasonable sum to pay per insured for each day any requirement of subsection (c) or (d) is not met with respect to each qualified longterm care insurance contract?
  • Is it really prudent us to grant the Secretary the power to waive part or all of the tax imposed by subsection (a) to the extent that payment of the tax would be excessive relative to the failure involved?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps

Ah sweet i love dinos my favorite is allosauOH GODDAMMIT

ty Saoshyant!

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Blurred posted:

• Is $100 a reasonable sum to pay per insured for each day any requirement of subsection (c) or (d) is not met with respect to each qualified longterm care insurance contract?

frankly, it's irresponsible to even ask this question when you have not provided the content of subsections (c) and (d). how are we to make salient judgments without all of the facts in front of us? it's exactly this type of obfuscation that has led us to the situation we find ourselves in these days, where the average citizen is no longer informed enough to fully participate on equal footing in legal discussions around §4980C of the US tax code

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

Dumb Sex-Parrot

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
No Taxation Without Regaliceratops!

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust
would a paleontologist report their fossil collection as personal assets or a business expense

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

DoomCroissant posted:

would a paleontologist report their fossil collection as personal assets or a business expense

a shell company

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

Eventually, you do plan to have dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour, right?

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Visions of Valerie

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...
It seems to me that your second question is really the answer to the first: that is, whether, the penalty is reasonable is rather dependent on whether the Secretary is reasonable. While in your framing, the Secretary has the power to forgive the tax, this is in fact identical to granting the Secretary the power to levy the tax in the first place. Therefore, given that the current Secretary is an Allosaurus, I rest my case.

google THIS

Buttchocks posted:

a shell company

google THIS

"All of your assets are frozen?"

"I believe I said 'petrified'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

This is one of them there Carnotaurus loopholes.
As long as you can save enough operating cost by violating c and d, then you're still profiting. Then bribe the Secretary and you're barely dealing with it.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021