Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Yes, passive resistance only. Dodge and deflect while calmly engaging her verbally; if that proves unsustainable then leave the room and call for medical assistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

AJ_Impy posted:

Agatha. I wish to give you feedback on your performance.

No-sell any attempts to attack us. What she is matters less than getting her in a more receptive state.

McSpanky posted:

Yes, passive resistance only. Dodge and deflect while calmly engaging her verbally; if that proves unsustainable then leave the room and call for medical assistance.

TEXN: Agatha. I wish to give you feedback on your performance.

COMBAT ROLL: 17 +4 PERK BONUS (COMBAT) = 21 VS DC 16. SUCCESS!

She snarls, and attempts to claw at you again, which you dodge with ease. You decide to move to the opposite side of the room while remaining on topic.

TEXN: First: excellent work. You scored 88 points out of 100 on your last run through of the course, much higher than this run.

Agatha doesn't seem to register your words yet, but you continue on.

TEXN: Your only flaw is letting the situation get to you. You need to maintain a calm, objective mindset rather than allowing yourself to get wrapped up in your emotions. It appears that-

COMBAT ROLL: 12 +4 PERK BONUS (COMBAT) = 16 VS DC 16. SUCCESS!

This time she kicks at you, which you block easily by grabbing her foot. She doesn't seem to know how to respond to this, so you use it as an opportunity to maintain eye contact with her. You're relieved to see that she appears to be calming down a bit and is looking less like a wild animal.

AGATHA: gently caress you!

She yanks her foot free and backs up, regaining her balance.

AGATHA: I tried that already! Multiple times!

You hold up your hands, still keeping your distance.

TEXN: I was not yet finished speaking. I was trying to say that it appears that you are triggered by stimuli, Agatha. Especially auditory stimuli, but possibly visual ones as well. This isn't your fault, but it is something you need help compensating for. Have you considered meditation?

DIPLOMACY ROLL: 18 -2 FLAW PENALTY (DIPLOMACY) = 16 VS DC 12. SUCCESS!

She takes a deep breath, and exhales, obviously struggling to regain her composure.

AGATHA: I guess... that makes sense.

She tries to smooth her hair, which is still incredibly frizzy. At this point she starts to notice her appearance, and it makes her gasp and bolt out of the room.

TEXN: Wait!

You duck out of the room, and see her rushing for a nearby restroom. It appears to be a single-occupant restroom, because she slams the door shut and locks it.

TEXN: Do you need any assistance?

AGATHA: N-no! Leave me alone! I'm fine!

You stand there, once again unsure what to do. All the pop culture research you've performed didn't have much guidance on handling someone who has a condition that turns them into a beast-person.

Character Sheet & Inventory

Ghost Armor 1337
Jul 28, 2023
I think you should try taking a martial arts as a hobby so you can try and focuses you're condition into something more contrastive. I preferer Pankration my self, but that's beside the point.

Ghost Armor 1337 fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 5, 2024

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Ghost Armor 1337 posted:

I think you should try taking a martial arts as a hobby so you can try and focuses you're condition into something more contrastive. I preferer Pankration my self, but that's beside the point.

Wait until she emerges, but this is the approach.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Wait until she comes out on her own, suggest focusing energy and aggression into a martial arts hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Research her symptoms while we wait.