Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

At 24 years old, Miu Watanabe cried as there were no more worlds to conquer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

At 24 years old, Miu Watanabe cried as she was getting too swole

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

No such thing, she'll be swinging three people at once soon enough

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Maki :lol: :lmao:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Brand new champions, and it feels so good :hellyeah:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Miu needs a new finisher. The teardrop sucks. Finish falls flat when Miu kicks out of an awesome looking and sounding Skull Kick and wins with that wimpy looking move.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
What a great show.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Stall_19 posted:

Miu needs a new finisher. The teardrop sucks. Finish falls flat when Miu kicks out of an awesome looking and sounding Skull Kick and wins with that wimpy looking move.

The avalanche teardrop was awesome though

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

A Cyber Fight promotion just put its title on a 24 year old. Somewhere Kazuyuki Fujita just became utterly furious and doesn't know why.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This was really good. Daisy Monkey won, all my dreams came true.
Daisy Monkey ftw

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

A Cyber Fight promotion just put its title on a 24 year old. Somewhere Kazuyuki Fujita just became utterly furious and doesn't know why.

And Miyu made Miu look way better than Nakajima did yesterday putting over his 24 year old challenger

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Oh poo poo this means Miu is triple crown too, making daydream both the only TJPW triple crown winners

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Taxman posted:

Oh poo poo this means Miu is triple crown too, making daydream both TJPW triple crown winners

:O

I love that.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

The Taxman posted:

Wait did they just say Haruna Neko was gonna be turned into a robot

Also to circle way back to this in case you missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om58mj2b0Yk

Armored Trooper Votoms x TJPW

Not sure if this is going to be like the Idolmaster x TJPW thing from awhile back, so uh... we'll see? I hope there is plamo that comes from this but I'm not holding my breath.

At least the Idolmaster thing got a really cool outfit for Maki out of it.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Y'see, I saw that but I just assumed she was getting some radical cyborg surgery so she could wrestle

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/D_Wrestlingifs/status/1774377269936435633

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
It's juiced numbers because of the mid-show idol performance but that's good news.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The numbers are because Miu was in the main event :colbert:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Stall_19 posted:

Blue Thunder Bomb as her super finisher, I say. Like a giant swing that ends with death.

As for the show, Ric Flair won a lot of belts, but did he ever open a show performing two song-and-dance numbers and THEN win a title? I think NOT.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just watched Itoh vs Suzuki and god drat that was amazing.
Just cracking up at almost the whole thing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This was my favorite TJPW ever, I believe~
Though Hype! is up there lol.

Jerusalem posted:

The numbers are because Miu was in the main event :colbert:

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Could not stay up late enough to catch it live, but drat what a good show. 5 hours is longer than I would like, but worth it. The first match on the first TJPW show I ever watched was the debut of the original UUG(P) so seeing Miu ascend all the way to the main event and get the title was wonderful. Sometimes it feels like TJPW's booking is a bit too slow, but it certainly works to get me invested in a wrestler's rise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Circumstances kind of forced their hand here. Of their big three, Miyu is headed for a tour of the States, Yuka is just visiting, and Shoko is doing her own thing. Mizuki just had a turn, and Rika is Rika.

It will be interesting to see what kinds of matchups they give Miu and how many defenses she'll get on her first run. I felt like they did Mizuki a bit dirty when it was her turn -- three defenses, one against a foreign visitor and two who visibly didn't have a chance of winning, and then as soon as the big kid came back to the playground, that was that. The matches in and of themselves were fine, but it made it seem more like a gold watch for Mizuki, hold this because someone has to for a few months, than an accomplishment. Miu could really use at least one signature defense against a strong opponent for legitimacy's sake, and Rika is a logical choice -- the whole "I took your International belt from you, I'll take this one, too" thing writes itself.