Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Vermain posted:

felvidek ftw

its really good. much better than GAmer Discourse about Bull poo poo. easy GOTY contender along with shiren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

exquisite tea posted:

It would be better if people never posted poo poo from twitter at all.

☝️:hai:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idk, how else will I learn about what video game legend Adam sessler is up to?

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy
Idk, how else will I learn who video game legend Adam sessler is?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Felvidek is a really good game outside of "the jew" and that part sitting weird with me is why its not my front runner for game of the year.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Eej posted:

Let's immerse an entire thread in the unchecked negativity and brainrot from the internet how could this possibly go wrong

How about we make an entire website and attached forums about it, it's gonna be loving wild!

Anyway there's threads like that over at PYF and they're all rear end. The concept has been tested and found wanting.

I don't mind people pointing out insanely bad takes from prominent gamers or gaming industry people, though. Cheap transient laughs at the expense of idiots is good fun. It just doesn't make for a decent thread.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

StoryTime posted:

How about we make an entire website and attached forums about it, it's gonna be loving wild!

Well it sure worked out for Lowtax

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
You might say he was blown away by the success!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF4: Ok ok I know I've given Cecil a hard time about his attempt to use Just Following Orders to get through this world's version of the Nurenberg trials but look! He's gone off on one of those rich kid ayahuasca retreats to find himself and it turns out he's a nepo baby so we have to call him the hero now!

Also, Granpappy Misogynist has WMDs

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

xoFcitcrA posted:

Idk, how else will I learn who video game legend Adam sessler is?

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Barudak posted:

Felvidek is a really good game outside of "the jew" and that part sitting weird with me is why its not my front runner for game of the year.

reposting my thoughts about it from the i just beat a game thread:

Foul Fowl posted:

i think 'the jew' is definitely a case of no good english translation being available and a complete lack of cultural context, with no real solution. 'jew' is a very loaded term in english, by itself, in a way that isn't the case in other languages (at least the ones i speak). 'the jew', as a character archetype in a story, is obviously racist. but it's also a very common cultural trope, and i think the game deliberates subverts it given that the guy gets hosed with by a bunch of people, as he's vulnerable due to being ostracized from the community, and you end up murdering every one of them. he's integral to your quest because of his genius for invention. towards the end of the game there's a character that tries to tempt you with the power to make slovakia a world power at the expense of turks and other ethnic and religious enemies and your character tells him to stfu and put his dukes up, it's time to fight. i think there's an even more incisive point the game makes regarding this after that but that's a big old spoiler for one of the best moments in the game.

though i wouldn't blame anyone who finds it weird and off-putting