Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Ngl I listened to the entire blowback season on Iraq and I still don't understand why the us turned on saddam.

He didn't want to take a Ba'ath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Megamissen posted:

trying to cancel saddam over things that happened decades ago... let people change

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Megamissen posted:

i think it was because of Saudi Arabia

Fixed this for you.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Wasnt it because Saddam didn't agree to some ridiculously cheap oil trade with U.S? I mean he was evil for sure, but U.S doesnt fight wars for moral reasons ever

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

The Alchemist posted:

Wasnt it because Saddam didn't agree to some ridiculously cheap oil trade with U.S? I mean he was evil for sure, but U.S doesnt fight wars for moral reasons ever

he was the lead of an Axis of Evil, op

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
that’s too much evil to ignore

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Saddam was stockpiling gender swap gas

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Not sure why Bush 1 tricked Saddam into invading Kuwait, some 4d chess move no doubt, but Iraq began trading in euros for oil in 2000. Weird that Libya under Gaddafi did the same thing and also got invaded.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I have this funny feeling that my next door neighbor might be hiding weapons of mass destruction in his room, I mean why not, right? It's fine if I blow up his dog with dynamite and raid his fridge for beer, right?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I mean Im hiding WMD myself, so probably everybody else does too. And thats hosed up

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

havana ba'ath syndrome

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Ngl I listened to the entire blowback season on Iraq and I still don't understand why the us turned on saddam.

he was trying to trade oil using the eurodollar a year before US bombed him into smithereens

gaddafi (goat) was also trying to trade oil a year using+creating a pan-african gold standard currency before US genocided him into smithereens

...starting to see a pattern here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
*terminator voice* only trade oil in dollars if you want to live