Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
Forgive deez nutz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
Thank you Mr president, I will consider immigrating to Texas at the soonest opportune moment

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ProfessorBooty posted:

Forgive deez nutz

ok but only because they run a small business in a disadvantaged neighborhood

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I'm waiting for a reporter to ask Biden about this and for him to immediately deny that he's forgiving any debt.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

my debt will be forgiven before op is

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

NeonPunk posted:

:gas: and ban op

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

man they really are panicking, huh?

anyway gas thread ban op

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
joe biden will never forgive my debt because i have none and am not american

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dreylad posted:

loving weird but we’re in the same boat, he’ll never forgive mine either despite that I have much and am american

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Dreylad posted:

HashtagGirlboss posted:

loving weird but we’re in the same boat, he’ll never forgive mine either despite that I have much and am american

grandpa joe, bringing people together

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008
my wife has 3 months left on her pslf then she can apply.

it is a weird feeling

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

RoboBoogie posted:

it is a weird feeling

this thread is about Joe Biden's student loan forgiveness. not George W. Bush's.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

RoboBoogie posted:

it is a weird feeling

it rocks, good luck to your wife

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Woke Mind Virus posted:

this thread is about Joe Biden's student loan forgiveness. not George W. Bush's.

I am aware. it can still be taken away.

lobster shirt posted:

it rocks, good luck to your wife

i know! its 200K for med school.

041224_2
Apr 12, 2024
9.9/10 have no clue their loans have been forgiven

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
all my debts have been paid by the blood of the lamb

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Lol amazing that this is the case. America's most progressive president folx

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Dixon Chisholm posted:

all my debts have been paid by the blood of the lamb

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
why even bother means testing if the cutoff is a quarter mil lol.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

250 for an individual and 500 for a household. would someone making that much money even have student debt? i guess maybe a surgeon or something lol. also it's not exactly an onerous means test to undergo as it's just connected to your IRS data, if you pay taxes then the government knows if you qualify or not.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
^the quarter is for a maried household, it's half that for an individual (well 120 and 240 not an even quarter mill it's just an obvious rounding)

Like don't get me wrong I think the bare minimum is abolishing any acrued and all future interest on student loans, education should be free in the first place, it just seems extra broke brained to make a cutoff at a point where someone could legit afford to be paying 5k/mo on their loans and still have an annual takehome higher than the median income in the US. It's like they put that figure in there specifically to piss off random people who hear about the legislation and are already prone to being reactionary about giving college educated people a handout.

PoundSand has issued a correction as of 02:58 on Apr 17, 2024

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

NeonPunk posted:

:gas: and ban op

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

PoundSand posted:

^the quarter is for a maried household, it's half that for an individual (well 120 and 240 not an even quarter mill it's just an obvious rounding)

Like don't get me wrong I think the bare minimum is abolishing any acrued and all future interest on student loans, education should be free in the first place, it just seems extra broke brained to make a cutoff at a point where someone could legit afford to be paying 5k/mo on their loans and still have an annual takehome higher than the median income in the US. It's like they put that figure in there specifically to piss off random people who hear about the legislation and are already prone to being reactionary about giving college educated people a handout.

The most anti-forgiveness people I know personally either didn’t go to college, got a degree like forty years ago or more, or had their parents/the government foot the bill entirely. I had one sicko on Twitter brag about how he lived like a poor person for ten years and ate nothing but rice and beans and paid off all his loans “like a man”, but I’m skeptical. The cutoff is dumb and arbitrary and won’t placate any of these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i had polio and i turned out fine