Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

If you stare into that particular void too long remind yourself that the emptiness itself means that it won't matter - in this reality, it can't matter, not when even memories will be gone.

The last few years broke a lot of brains. People have given up their faith in human leadership at the exact same time someone built the next wave of eliza and I honestly don't know if society as a whole will resist the temptation to hand the reigns to their new computer god.

The only thing that matters at this point, the only reason to be alive at all, is to enjoy life as much as you can while trying to improve it for others.

Don't give in to the doomerism. No matter how painful the world has become and how much worse it may get, the only moral choice is joy

Hell yeah brother! Cheers from The Wall!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

COVID threads were and still are consistently the funniest threads on the forum from a gorilla-in-a-cage standpoint. There are people on the forums who are still posting videos of themselves wearing like clean room hoods and poo poo while going to Albertson's for food. COVID actually broke some brains pretty hardcore and that's always the best content when it comes to goons.

My favorite* part of COVID was all my coworkers bitching at me about wearing masks and trying to get sympathy for their "plight" knowing full goddamn well I left a job that involved 12 hour overnights in a full bunny in an aseptic cleanroom for a half-decade to come work with them.

Then I'd come home and read SA COVID threads and get mental whiplash every morning lol

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

I can say that COVID definitely broke me. I vividly remember telling myself at the start of the lockdown, "You're probably going to go a little stir crazy. Your mental state is going change if this drags on long enough. Just remember that this isn't normal, and that you need to go back to how you were before."

I do not know that person.

I had been living with depression since I was 11, but I could always hide it well enough, and I could always put off the suicidal thoughts a little longer. COVID life hit me like a ton of bricks. I spiraled. I turned feral, dude. My depression finally made beachhead and it was all over. By the end, it was just near-constant suicidal thoughts, hopelessness, paranoia. I fell behind at work, alienated my loved ones. Jesus Christ, I developed an eating disorder and dropped to 119 lbs. drat, dude. It was bad. I ended up in therapy and I'm on an antidepressant now. Uh. Yeah, that helped.

COVID was just the worst thing to happen to a generation that has had to deal with lot of bad things happening. drat, what a sucker punch. Oh, I hate it.

e: added a word

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 11, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Time_pants posted:

I can say that COVID definitely broke me. I vividly remember telling myself at the start of the lockdown, "You're probably going to go a little stir crazy. Your mental state is going change if this drags on long enough. Just remember that this isn't normal, and that you need to go back to how you were before."

I do not know that person.

I had been living with depression since I was 11, but I could always hide it well enough, and I could always put off the suicidal thoughts a little longer. COVID life hit me like a ton of bricks. I spiraled. I turned feral, dude. My depression finally made beachhead and it was all over. By the end, it was just near-suicidal thoughts, hopelessness, paranoia. I fell behind at work, alienated my loved ones. Jesus Christ, I developed an eating disorder and dropped to 119 lbs. drat, dude. It was bad. I ended up in therapy and I'm on an antidepressant now. Uh. Yeah, that helped.

COVID was just the worst thing to happen to a generation that has had to deal with lot of bad things happening. drat, what a sucker punch. Oh, I hate it.

You seem much better, is that true?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

EorayMel posted:

I wonder what all the goons who autobanned mid 2020 upon realizing lowtax sucks rear end and always sucked rear end all along are doing now

I think a lot of them were unbanned when Jeffrey bought the site.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

redshirt posted:

You seem much better, is that true?

I am, man. I'm an evangelist for therapy. Changed my life.

And as for being on antidepressants? You know how in the commercials it does like a horizontal wipe and it's suddenly brighter and all the colors are vivid? That. That's what it's like. But man oh man, if I didn't come inches from the bottom.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Time_pants posted:

And as for being on antidepressants? You know how in the commercials it does like a horizontal wipe and it's suddenly brighter and all the colors are vivid? That. That's what it's like. But man oh man, if I didn't come inches from the bottom.

My man! I am happy for you.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Time_pants posted:

Hug
:sympathy:

Menopause did a huge number on me, developed anxiety, never had it before AT ALL...

I'm not back, but headed in the right direction

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Time_pants posted:

Everyone should be in therapy, it's what got me through *motions to all this poo poo* intact.

Too bad about the reality.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Thanks everyone. Sorry to derail. I didn't expect to turn it into an e/n thing! I guess that's an example for me. I certainly wouldn't have felt compelled to ever share anything like that.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The void thrives in darkness! Shine a light on it!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kntfkr posted:

The void thrives in darkness! Shine a light on it!!

Cool to note that the void is actually the dominant state of the Universe, and we, matter, busybodies, we're the disruption.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Disruption? Baby,

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

R.L. Stine posted:

it was really funny seeing the change from gbs 1.0 to gbs 2.0 because so much weird dumb poo poo that tried to get carried over was immediately shut down. people were allowed to say things like the christmas advent calendar thing sucked rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtraQuiet
Apr 25, 2016

by Shine

Tarkus posted:

I think a lot of them were unbanned when Jeffrey bought the site.

and we got new avatars